• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync annotations made in book mode
Hi I use two Boox TabX and I really like the Mobilesheets on it with all it's sorting functionallities and sheet reading features.
When reading sheets I use the book mode with alternating page turning.

But in the last practice I came along with a problem. During a song practice I made annotations on each page, always on the boox where the page was shown. Thus I was ending up with annotations for one song on one Boox on page 1, 3 and 5 and on the other boox on 2 and 4.

My problem now is, that I cannot sync the song anymore! Syncing from left to right would overwrite the annotations on 2 and 4 and syncing from right to left I would loose annotations on 1,3 and 5.

Is there a possibility to get that solved beside sitting down after practice and transferring manually the annotations from one Boox to the other in singele Page mode?
This is a common problem that has come up on the forum a fair number of times now. It's absolutely something I plan to fix. I'm going to alter the "Connect Tablets" feature so that it transmits all of the annotation changes over the network, and if the other tablet has the same song loaded, it will overwrite its annotations with the changes from the other tablet. It's going to be a somewhat complex change though, which is why it hasn't been added sooner. I'll try to get to it in one of the next major updates.

In the meantime, you would need to embed all of the annotations on one of the devices for the pages whose annotations you want to keep. If you embed all pages, then when you sync and the changes are merged, you'll effectively have some annotations doubled, so you don't want to do that. So this means in your example, you would embed the annotations for pages 2 and 4 on the right tablet, then the next time you sync, take the file changes from the right tablet, but take the annotation changes from the left tablet. That would bring everything together without you losing any annotations. I realize this is tedious though, and in the meantime, you will have to remember to only annotate on one of the tablets to avoid headaches.

Mike