• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi "Send, Load" number
I'm trying to clean up my Korg PA600 Songbook, removing by overwriting unwanted songs. However I need to identify the current Midi "Send/Load" number assigned to the song's database in MS Pro. Is there a cross reference or data base that I can view? I have already added about 160 songs to the Korg Songbook, but have perhaps 750 songs in the MS collection, and I'd like to clean up the mess I find myself in! (There were many existing songs in the Korg provided collection, most unknown to me because they use modified names to avoid copyright conflicts.)
Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have the o!der songbook 'real names' list for the PA series?
If you connect the companion app, you can add the MIDI Number as one of the columns to view, then scroll through or filter the list as needed. Alternatively, if you want to run SQLite queries on the database file itself, I could help run you through that.

Mike
(09-06-2021, 12:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you connect the companion app, you can add the MIDI Number as one of the columns to view, then scroll through or filter the list as needed. Alternatively, if you want to run SQLite queries on the database file itself, I could help run you through that.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.
(09-06-2021, 10:37 PM)maintech Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 12:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you connect the companion app, you can add the MIDI Number as one of the columns to view, then scroll through or filter the list as needed. Alternatively, if you want to run SQLite queries on the database file itself, I could help run you through that.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try.

I could not get the companion to connect, I have both MSPro and companion on the same laptop, and it locks on the ip address. Selected connect on MSPro but it just hung. I'm obviously missing something.
The companion will not connect that way, it's for connecting to android devices. [Been there tried that. Angel]
It may work if you load MSP onto a android phone then go through the companion on the pc.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Microsoft has security restrictions that prevents UWP applications from communicating with other applications using the network on the same machine (a loopback connection). This prevents the companion app from being able to connect to MobileSheets. They do not provide any way to get around this. If you want to try to run queries on the database itself, let me know. I can send you the details for that.

Mike
(09-07-2021, 03:23 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Microsoft has security restrictions that prevents UWP applications from communicating with other applications using the network on the same machine (a loopback connection). This prevents the companion app from being able to connect to MobileSheets. They do not provide any way to get around this. If you want to try to run queries on the database itself, let me know. I can send you the details for that.

Mike
If I install the companion app on a second laptop Win10, will that work?

David
Yes, that will work perfectly fine.
(09-07-2021, 05:53 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, that will work perfectly fine.

Thanks Mike,

When checking other posts re this option, you recommend locating the ip address on the pc that has MSPro on it and entering that number in the Companion app on the 2nd pc. I think I will need to do that because the Companion has not yet responded. I'll post my success when it's done.

David
Hi Mike,

As usual you come up trumps, I added the midi number and I have the tools to sort my keyboard's Songbook. Thanks again, terrific support, 

David.