• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advanced audio player got worse with respect to tempo shifting?
The tempo change feature in the advanced audio player gave me quite plesant results in the past. Today I wanted to use it again and found the audio quality pretty bad to unusable with a lot of audio artefacts (echo like + the common phasing) if the tempo change is on anything than '1'. This is on my Ryzen based desktop PC. Otherwise I have no issues whatsoever with playback over my usb soundcard. I just checked on my Android phone and there the time shifted audio quality is still excellent...
Do you know what version you recall it working well for you? I haven't made any changes to the audio player (aside from fixes for crossfading) for a very long time. Do you have audio files that were previously working well for you that are no longer working well? 

Thanks,
Mike
Dear Mike,
I think I found the issue! Last xmas I upgraded my dac amp. The new one supports sampling rates up to 384khz. Mine was on 192khz when I had the audio issues. I now switched it to 44khz and voila, no issues anymore. If this is due to problems in the sampling rate conversion of you library, windows or the dac, I dont know.
thanks
KLaus
The audio library is supposed to handle sample rate conversions, but I'm guessing that this must be introducing the problems you described when converting to 192kHz. I'm glad you figured out a solution.

Mike