• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep anotations when updating file
Hello,
I'm new to MobileSheets (great app !).

I use MuseScore to create some of my own sheets then import pdf in MobileSheets.
When playing, I make anotations. Then later at home, I update the MuseScore sheet to fix some mistakes.
When I want to update the sheet in MobileSheets, I only found the way to delete the old file and import the new one.
However, all the anotations previously taken are not keeped on the new version.
Is there any way to replace a file to update it and keeping existing anotations ?
You can long press the song on the library screen to select it, tap the three dots at the top right, then tap "Swap File" to swap in the new version of the file. Alternatively, you can just use Import->Local File and when prompted with the conflict, select that you want to update the existing song (this only works if you let MobileSheetsPro manage your files). Another option is to just replace the file in the storage location used by MobileSheetsPro (Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location).

Mike
Hi Mike.

Thank you for your answer. I tried it and it works like a charm ! (Later, I also "RTFM" and saw that the solution was here  Shy )

I forgot to mention that I almost exclusively use Companion to manage my sheet library. With Companion, I found that right click on the song in the song list offers the same options as tap the three dots when used on the tablet (including swapping files).

With this issue solved, I can go to a 5-stars review on the Google Play Store  Wink
I'm glad to hear that got you past the problem. I'm always happy to help. Thanks for the positive review as well!

Mike