• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crop options
Hi

Thanks for all the work you put into this app! I've been using it for several years now and love it, and am always extolling the virtues of it to other musicians!

Is there a way for the app to detect the aspect ratio of the tablet a d show it in the crop window?

I have a Samsung tab s7 fe which isn't quite a4 aspect ratio, so I either have to fit to width and have a bit of scroll (which is usually white space) or fit to screen and have empty screen space

If the crop screen could tell me how much I need to cut off the top/bottom or sides to make it fit the screen that would be amazing!

No idea if this is even possible!

It would also be great if snippets were able to be resized after they've been pasted in 

Thanks!
I crop to the relevant content, usually by calling Auto-Crop first and making small corrections afterwards if required. For one page scores I use Page Scaling Mode "Fit Screen" and Display Mode "Single Page", for scores with several pages I often use Page Scaling Mode "Fit Width" and Display Mode "Vertical Scrolling" (note that both settings have a default setting and a per song setting and are independent for landscape and portrait orientation). I'm fine with just ignoring empty space at the sides or at the bottom.
Nevertheless it would be nice and convenient if I could select a fixed aspect ratio for cropping. It would be especially helpful in case I crop on one device and use it on another device with different aspect ratio.
IrfanView has a nice example of a UI allowing this:

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Adding fixed aspect cropping ratios is on my list of things to do. I'm going to have to provide a way to easily move the entire cropping rectangle at once instead of just dragging the corners though, so I'll probably allow dragging inside the rectangle to move it, making it easier to reposition the rectangle if it's locked to a specific aspect ratio.

Mike
Thank you.
As said: it would be nice to have, but imho not with a high priority
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(10-02-2023, 04:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Adding fixed aspect cropping ratios is on my list of things to do. I'm going to have to provide a way to easily move the entire cropping rectangle at once instead of just dragging the corners though, so I'll probably allow dragging inside the rectangle to move it, making it easier to reposition the rectangle if it's locked to a specific aspect ratio.

Mike

That sounds perfect, thank you!