• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surface pro 7 stops working
I'm having the same issue while using surface pro 7: system stops working. I've even had to reboot my tablet to get mobilesheets back running again. Prior to reboot, surface pro 7 screen went completely black while using mobilesheets.
How often are you encountering that problem saxypack, and is there any pattern to when it occurs? Are you also utilizing hibernate? Does this problem only occur while running MobileSheets? Are you running the latest Windows 10 updates?

Mike
(01-03-2022, 06:26 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: How often are you encountering that problem saxypack, and is there any pattern to when it occurs? Are you also utilizing hibernate? Does this problem only occur while running MobileSheets? Are you running the latest Windows 10 updates?

Mike

Hi! I'm now encountering the problem every time I use MobileSheets. I'll explain conditions as succinctly as possible:

* When using Surface Pro 7, the keyboard (MS Surface Pro Signature Type Cover - Platinum) remained attached, but folded in back of screen. At that point, I'm using Pro 7 as a tablet.

* My tablet is <1 year old, but I've had to replace cracked screen with after-market screen. Honestly, I've had after-market screen replaced about 3 times, because of functionality issues (random accessing of apps; screen not registering touches; etc. After 3rd replacement (~1 month ago), functionality seemed to be more consistent.

* Prior to 1st screen replacement, MobileSheets functioned well ~97% of time. During this time, I had not purchased the MS keyboard cover, yet. The inconsistent problem I experienced most often was MobileSheets not registering touches; therefore, couldn't close certain features, couldn't access certain scores from set list; couldn't access touch keyboard, etc. Those problems did not happen all together, and there was no discernable pattern, as far as I could tell, to when problems presented themselves.

* ~2 weeks after 3rd replacement, I, once again, experienced problems with MobileSheets: inconsistently NOT registering finger touches or button clicks; when loudly playing saxophone, certain features were randomly accessed (e.g., the feature that allows users to insert or play audio files from music scores would suddenly appear while playing saxophone); and complete stall of app (IOW, MobileSheets was frozen on a score). With frozen issue, the only way I could get MobileSheets working again was to reboot MS Surface Pro 7.

* Regarding external apps, for about the past month, I've been using a page turner (Donner Wireless Page Turner (model DMB-1)).

* I have 1,163 pieces stored in MobileSheets.

I hope this info helps. I'm sure it'll be difficult to reproduce the problem that I and others are experiencing. Please let me know if I need to be clearer, or need to provide more info.

Best regards,
Ken
Thank you for the information Ken. If you detach the keyboard, does that have any impact on the problems you are seeing? I don't normally test with the keyboard attached to my Surface Pro 4 while using it as a tablet. I would assume that could result in keys being pressed or the touch pad being triggered. How are you preventing that from occurring with the keyboard attached?

Mike
(01-04-2022, 06:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thank you for the information Ken. If you detach the keyboard, does that have any impact on the problems you are seeing? I don't normally test with the keyboard attached to my Surface Pro 4 while using it as a tablet. I would assume that could result in keys being pressed or the touch pad being triggered. How are you preventing that from occurring with the keyboard attached?

Mike

Good question, Zubersoft. As best as I can tell, when keyboard is flipped behind tablet, keys seem to be disengaged. So, keyboard's backwards positioning seems to not have any affect on tablet functionality. However, to your point, last week, I detached keyboard from tablet. I still experienced problems. 

Another issue I experienced, relative to keyboard -- but which might not be related to MobileSheets -- is that last week, while using Pro 7 as computer and power cable attached, tablet got very warm...hot. When I detached keyboard, tablet slowly cooled off. Again, this might NOT be related to MobileSheets; however, when I accessed MobileSheets, just before I detached keyboard, I noticed that a MobileSheets update had been done.
If you would like to try installing the FastSpring version of MobileSheets, we can try and see if it performs any better on your device. That version is given access to a permission that is not normally allowed through the Microsoft Store - the app is not allowed to be suspended by the OS to recover resources. This ensures the app won't be closed while multi-tasking even if the system is low on memory. I don't know if this is related to what you are seeing in any way, but it's something we can at least try. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com if you want to give this a try.

Mike
(10-05-2021, 05:21 PM)rubenrubidio Wrote: Hi,
I want to describe a non acceptable problem I've had in two critical situations. I think the process has been the same.
This has happened at the start of two different concerts. Before them, we had the sound check, playing some parts of the pieces. After that, I just put the tablet in sleep mode, without closing the app so it will be ready then.
But, at the start of the concert, I found that the tablet is not working. I can see the window I left opened, but the touchscreen does nothing. I can't do anything, neither in the app or out of it.
The solution for me was presssing the power button for some (long) seconds until it reboots.

This has been critical for me, as when it happened yesterday I was the soloist. I had to play the first piece by memory, and I has not pleased about that. I can't trust the app to play in concert with it if this can happen.

To be fair, I can't tell if the problem is caused by the app, by windows or by my tablet, but I've only had this problem with MobileSheets and not with any other app or program.
I hope you can check it as soon as possible.
Thank you!

I have had this same situation occur during two different concerts.  It is very disheartening.  The first time I thought maybe my tablet (Surface Pro 7) was updating.  The wifi was turned off the second time so I'm not sure what the cause is but I also need it to be predictable.
Thanks for any insight!
I'm very sorry to hear you encountered those issues. Are you using the Microsoft Store version of MobileSheets? We can try switching you over to the FastSpring version to see if that helps with the issue, as I'm able to bypass some of the Microsoft Store restrictions with the FastSpring version. One of the things I can do with the FastSpring version is prevent the OS from suspending/killing the app. I can't stop that with the Microsoft Store version. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and provide the invoice from the original purchase if you would like to switch versions.

Mike
Could it be that the aftermarket screen is causing issues?
(05-03-2022, 01:09 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm very sorry to hear you encountered those issues. Are you using the Microsoft Store version of MobileSheets? We can try switching you over to the FastSpring version to see if that helps with the issue, as I'm able to bypass some of the Microsoft Store restrictions with the FastSpring version. One of the things I can do with the FastSpring version is prevent the OS from suspending/killing the app. I can't stop that with the Microsoft Store version. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and provide the invoice from the original purchase if you would like to switch versions.

Mike

Hi MS team! 
I encountered the same issue three days ago.

Surface pro 7
Windows 11 latest update
MobileSheets Version 3.5.9

I prepeared everything in the MobileSheets app, I turned off the screen with the app still open --> came back at the moment of the concert, the screen was not responding. Had to restart the surface everything was working properly after the reboot. Let me know if you need more information.
It's possible the OS suspended MobileSheets and caused the graphics framework in the app (win2d) to lose access to the device driver if the device went into a deep sleep to preserve power. We can certainly try switching you to the FastSpring version if you would like.

Mike
(08-03-2022, 09:43 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's possible the OS suspended MobileSheets and caused the graphics framework in the app (win2d) to lose access to the device driver if the device went into a deep sleep to preserve power. We can certainly try switching you to the FastSpring version if you would like.

Mike

Yes, if it could solve the problem I would like to have this version. Let me know what do you need. Thank you!
Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and provide the invoice from the original purchase if you would like to switch versions. I'll then provide additional instructions for how to proceed with that.

Mike
(11-04-2021, 11:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have been doing a bit of testing with hibernate, and after the device is turned on with MobileSheets up, I haven't seen any issues so far. So I'm no closer to understanding what is happening for some users.

Mike

Dear Mike and readers. I have had this problem a few times with my ASUS Flipbook 14 and Win 10. It has happened today and I simply cannot get my library to load, there is only a black sceen with subject titles in white at the top (eg Collections, setlists etc) but absolutely no response of any kind from the touch screen ( I will check if a mouse does anything - only just thought of that) and the only way I can get out of the frozen situation is to switch off power. This is critical for me as well as I have an orchestra camp starting tomorrow and, although I can use paper music, all my annotations are on the tablet.
Best regards
Brian Nelson in South Africa
Hello to all again. Now this is frustrating! I tried my wireless mouse several times with power off in between each occasion and, not only does everything work, use of my finger or stylus on the touch screen now works!!!
Best regards
Brian