• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Editing Problem within MS using a Windows HP Laptop
Hi all,
I'm using MS to create and edit Guitar Lead Sheets on my Windows 10 HP x360 laptop.  These files are saved as Adobe PDF files.  I'm not having editing issues within MS when I create these lead sheets and they are only single page files.  When I create a lengthy lead sheet and require additional pages is when I'm experiencing issues.  I'm prevented from editing the 1st page within my multi-page PDF files.  I can edit the 2nd page, but not the 1st page.  I'm creating these files my using Adobe acrobat, and inserting additional pages into my existing PDF files, and saving them onto my laptop.  I go into MS, delete the original PDF single page lead sheet, and then re-import the updated two page PDF into MS.  When I pull up the updated leadsheet in MS, I'm prevented from editing the 1st page.  I can edit the 2nd page.  Please advise a work around or include a fix for this in the next software update to MS.
Thanks in advance,
Steve Wilkes
After going back into one of my two page PDF lead sheets, I discovered that all editing features are not halted on the 1st page, apparently just the large black arrow, move and delete edit feature.  I'm not sure what to call the editing feature, but it's the one with the large black arrow.  On my 1st page, I cannot grab text, and change, move or modify it for some reason.

Steve
Please long press or right-click the song on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and email the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com. I can then take a look at the song to see if I can reproduce what you are describing. I've certainly never seen that happen before with any song I've tested with.

Thanks,
Mike
I sent you a .msf and PDF.
thx for your support.
Steve,

Let's talk about what you are trying to do, because I'm not seeing an issue with your file. All of the annotations on the first page of your file are not saved in MobileSheets - they are saved in the PDF itself. That means you can't edit those annotations by default. If you need to edit those annotations, you can go into the annotation settings and enable "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" which will let you interact with those annotations and move/delete them. I would not recommend leaving that setting on if you don't need to edit embedded annotations though as it will make the loading/saving of annotations slower as the file has to be reloaded in a writable state in order to save the modified annotations.

Mike