• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classical Terminology activated unintentionally
In my MSP 3.3.0 on Win 10 I noticed that "Use Classical Terminology" was set to ON what I never activated.
I can't say by now what caused that. I switched the language and the library several times recently.
I'll keep an eye on it and if I find the time investigate it further.
Expected behaviour:
"Use Classical Terminology" default value should be OFF and it should never be changed without explicit user action
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(10-23-2021, 12:21 AM)itsme Wrote: Expected behaviour:
"Use Classical Terminology" default value should be OFF and it should never be changed without explicit user action

Never say never. What if the classical terminology is the new default.
What if more classical users are using MS.
Would you run away?
I definitely would not run away. MSP is great.
But: "classical terminology" is a new feature. It's common practice in software development that the established previous behaviour should be the default. Users who want to use a new feature should activate it.
Switching to "classical terminology" without user action or at least asking the user if he wants that is imho a bug.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I'm not sure how that got switched on you. I have heard that after updates, some users will see some settings switch (like performance mode getting toggled on). The settings are saved in an XML file, so I have no idea how that's possible, but it does seem to happen to some users. Please let me know if you see anything else like that happen again. For reference, I have not changed any of the defaults, so classical terminology is off by default. I do prompt users to decide if they want it on or off when they first install the app though.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that's what I expected.
I'll have a look at it and let you know as soon I see a possibility to reproduce the issue.