• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Bluetooth Pedal
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to Mobilesheets. I love the interface and the library function of the software. However, I am having a problem connecting my pedals to enable page turning during performance. I have the Windows 10 version 2.9.6 of Mobilesheets on my Lenovo Yoga C930 laptop and an Airturn Duo BT-200 pedal. The pedal is registered as a bluetooth device on my laptop. Try as hard as I can, I cannot see a way to get my pedals to turn pages. I have scoured the manual without success. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The first thing you should do is test whether your pedal is communicating properly with your tablet. Please follow these steps:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings.
2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, the pedal is communicating properly with your device and will work with MobileSheets. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

If the pedal isn't communicating properly with your device, you can try re-pairing the pedal in the system bluetooth settings and repeating the steps above. I would strongly recommended putting the pedal in mode 3, although some users have had success with mode 2 as well. It's important to note that the pedal is not communicating with MobileSheets directly - it's acting as an HID like a computer keyboard. When you press a pedal, it just sends a key command such as page down. So you can test out the pedal with anything, including a web browser, as long as the key that is being sent will be handled by the application.

Mike
Thank you very much Mike. I thought that I had followed those directions to a tee. The one step I missed was pressing the foot pedal while in the "cleared key" setting. It worked and I am good to go. Much appreciated.
related question, and apologies if this was addressed elsewhere- is there a way for MSP to register and execute pedal commands even when it is not the active app (= other app currently in focus)  in a Win multitask scenario? Thanks.
In the Windows 10 version, if you use AirTurn Direct Mode, then yes, that should work even when the app is not active. I haven't added this back for Android yet as it caused crashes on x86 devices a while back and haven't had a chance to investigate that fully. Let me know if you need any information on using AirTurn Direct Mode.

Mike