• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering using Collections
I'm trying to use Collection filtering. 
In my Collection list are names like "easy", "hard", "needs more practice", etc.
When I use the Collection filter, and I select "hard", "needs more practice", the 
result is an OR function. All songs with "hard" or "needs more practice" are displayed.

Is there a way to make it an AND function? I'd like to find only songs that have both "hard' and 
"needs more practice".
thanks!
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
Unfortunately, there isn't a toggle at the moment to AND the selection. I know this is something that several users have requested. I'm going to have to decide if this is a toggle that will AND all filters together (much simpler to implement), or something you can pick for each individual filter type, and then the results of those is OR'd. I'm thinking it's more intuitive to have a toggle for AND/OR that impacts every filter.

Mike
I haven't had the need to do this but the following should work:

• Display "hard" collection
  • Select all songs (long press a song then press unchecked square at bottom right)
  • Press Edit at top of screen
  • Set the difficulty (3rd line from bottom) for each song in this "hard" collection to 5 (say)
  • Select OK to apply (note the edit should only update fields that have a tick to the left of the name)
Repeat for the "easy" collection using a difficulty of 1 (say)
Use different values for any other "playability" named collections.

You can then filter your "Needs more practice" collection using the difficulty field e.g. 5 for hard (this is probably the one you will need most)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(10-30-2021, 06:45 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I haven't had the need to do this but the following should work:

• Display "hard" collection
  • Select all songs (long press a song then press unchecked square at bottom right)
  • Press Edit at top of screen
  • Set the difficulty (3rd line from bottom) for each song in this "hard" collection to 5 (say)
  • Select OK to apply (note the edit should only update fields that have a tick to the left of the name)
Repeat for the "easy" collection using a difficulty of 1 (say)
Use different values for any other "playability" named collections.

You can then filter your "Needs more practice" collection using the difficulty field e.g. 5 for hard (this is probably the one you will need most)

Cheers
Geoff
Thanks for that idea, Geoff. In this example, using the Difficulty attribute works well.
Rod
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab