• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets Automatically Adjusting Brightness
Hi, I'm using MobileSheets on a windows 11 2-in-1 laptop and recently whenever I switch from landscape orientation to portrait orientation my brightness seems to go down significantly and I'll have to go and manually adjust it again. However it gets rather frustrating when I am outside and I can't even see my screen when it does this(It is rather difficult to unfold my laptop and turn up my brightness in the middle of a concert in between pieces). I've gone into my laptop's settings and there's nothing out of the ordinary there and I couldn't find anything in the MobileSheets settings either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the adaptive brightness controls: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surf...Windows_11

Can you check that and see if it's related?

Thanks,
Mike
Are you (partially) covering the light sensor when you are turning the laptop?
(11-05-2021, 05:07 AM)Dharak50 Wrote: Hi, I'm using MobileSheets on a windows 11 2-in-1 laptop.

Let us know the maker of your laptop and the model to help you.
It would be good to locate the light sensor first.
Do you use any protective cover?
Are you using a music stand or holder for your laptop during the concert?
Is it happening at the outdoors only?
Did you turn off adaptive brightness?
Sounds like adaptive brightness is a possibility

To turn it off (taken from another web site)
  1. Open Settings on Windows 11.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click the Display page on the right side.
  4. Under the “Brightness & color” section, clear the “Automatically adjust contrast based on the display content to help improve battery” option.
Note: this description isn't talking about ambient light, it is talking about screen content e.g. in landscape mode, you might have large area of white causing the brightness to change.

Your description implies that you are switching between portrait and landscape mid way through a gig.
Can you adjust your "songs" so that they are all portrait or all landscape? This would eliminate rotating the laptop in the gig.

Geoff
PS I'm using Android on my tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6