• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi send and return
Is there a way to send a midi command from the keyboard to MSP, and have as a response a mobile command back to the keyboard? It would be a way round to quickly change paramaters om my keyboard without having to touch the screen of my Android tablet.
(11-18-2021, 06:06 PM)tvdl Wrote: Is there a way to send a midi command from the keyboard to MSP, and have as a response a mobile command back to the keyboard? It would be a way round to quickly change paramaters om my keyboard without having to touch the screen of my Android tablet.

This may help.

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...ight=Tyros

Regards

Jerryghr
tvdl - what type of keyboard do you have? It is certainly possible to set up MIDI messages to send and receive to do exactly what you have described, but the types of messages you send/receive will depend on what type of keyboard you are using.

Mike
Hi Mike, I have a Nord Stage 3.
Have you found any documentation for what MIDI messages the Nord Stage 3 sends and receives? This will be important for knowing what MIDI messages you need to send.
(11-20-2021, 07:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Have you found any documentation for what MIDI messages the Nord Stage 3 sends and receives? This will be important for knowing what MIDI messages you need to send.

I found them on the final page of the manual. Sorry,l cannot copy it, it is online on https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/defa...on%20D.pdf
What that page tells me is that you can use a patch select message to change instruments, or you can send a control change message to change any of the other fields listed on that page. If you edit your song, go to the MIDI tab and tap +, you can set up a command to match what is listed on that page.

Mike
(11-21-2021, 05:04 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What that page tells me is that you can use a patch select message to change instruments, or you can send a control change message to change any of the other fields listed on that page. If you edit your song, go to the MIDI tab and tap +, you can set up a command to match what is listed on that page.

Mike

Thank you Mike. I'm not sure I get what you mean. What I think you mean is that I let my Android send midi commands to the Nord. That works allriight. I already use it when I open a song on MSP, and it sets the Nord to the right sounds.
But how do I get my Android respond - while playing - for instance a certain combination of keys -  to respond with sending midi commands to the Nord?
There's only one way to acheive that at the moment:

1) Go to Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Actions and configure a MIDI action so that it triggers the next smart button
2) Open your score, place a smart button and set the action to send a MIDI command

You can then send something from your keyboard to trigger the smart button which will then send a different message. MobileSheetsPro doesn't currently have a feature where you can say, "In response to this message, send this other message". That is something completely different that would have to be implemented. I would also have to decide if that would be implemented as something that could be set per song, or globally (or both). 

Mike
Thank you Mike, this works!