• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to load page
I'm new to MSP, so this might be a simple fix, but I can't seem to figure it out.
My Samsung tablet recently updated itself and now every song I try to open in MSP I get an "unable to load page....." see the attachment for full thread.

I had not created a backup file, so does a tablet software update erase a MSP local file? Do I need to import all my sheet music again?

In the "unable to load...." file path, mobilesheetsfree is noted. I'm using Pro, I have over 200 songs saved. What can I do other than import and edit everything again?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm assuming your tablet probably updated to Android 11. If MobileSheetsPro is referencing mobilesheetsfree in the path for the files, that's a problem as the paid version no longer has access to that location with Android 11. So what you will need to do is manually move any files that are under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files to /storage/emulated/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, then go to Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths, select "Manual", enter /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files as the "Current folder", then tap the folder icon and navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files and tap OK. If you run into a permission issue where MobileSheetsPro can't navigate to that path, tap the SD card icon at the top and you should see an option to go to the application data directory which will take you straight there. After selecting that folder and tapping OK, you can then tap OK on the "Fix File Paths" dialog and it should update the database to swap the files to the new location. Now try loading your songs and see if they are fixed.

As a side note, if you go to Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location, is that set to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files? It's very important that it isn't trying to point to the "mobilesheetsfree" folder, so I just want to verify this. If it is pointing to that folder, you need to switch it to the default by tapping the SD card icon on the dialog, then tapping OK. It will say it will try to move your fails, but it will fail, so you will still have to manually move them all, and you will probably still have to follow my instructions above to fix the database.

On a side note, how did this situation occur where your files were referencing the free directory? Did you swap things over or did that happen as a result of restoring a library backup file from the free version?

Mike
(06-29-2021, 04:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm assuming your tablet probably updated to Android 11. If MobileSheetsPro is referencing mobilesheetsfree in the path for the files, that's a problem as the paid version no longer has access to that location with Android 11. So what you will need to do is manually move any files that are under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files to /storage/emulated/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, then go to Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths, select "Manual", enter /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files as the "Current folder", then tap the folder icon and navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files and tap OK. If you run into a permission issue where MobileSheetsPro can't navigate to that path, tap the SD card icon at the top and you should see an option to go to the application data directory which will take you straight there. After selecting that folder and tapping OK, you can then tap OK on the "Fix File Paths" dialog and it should update the database to swap the files to the new location. Now try loading your songs and see if they are fixed.

As a side note, if you go to Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location, is that set to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files? It's very important that it isn't trying to point to the "mobilesheetsfree" folder, so I just want to verify this. If it is pointing to that folder, you need to switch it to the default by tapping the SD card icon on the dialog, then tapping OK. It will say it will try to move your fails, but it will fail, so you will still have to manually move them all, and you will probably still have to follow my instructions above to fix the database.

On a side note, how did this situation occur where your files were referencing the free directory? Did you swap things over or did that happen as a result of restoring a library backup file from the free version?

Mike

I've not used the app for 18mths due to our UK lockdowns causing the cancellation of concerts. I started redressing the porblems caused by android 11, but am stuck.

I've copied the files into the pro folder, but within the pro app android 11 will not let me select 'data' within root\storage\emulated\0\android.

I suppose I could create my own folder outside of android/data but I want to go with the flow and have things in their default places where the app expects them to be.
I've copied the files from ...free to ...pro (will delete from ...free when all is working).
Android 11 will not let me change the storage location from ...free to ...pro, nor the input the folder in the fix broken file paths. I'm stuck - unless I create my own folder and go away from the defaults.
Please help
If you go to Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location, tap the folder, then tap the SD card icon in the file browser, you should see an entry in the dropdown for the application data directory. Tap that and it will take you to the default storage location for MobileSheetsPro (/storage/emulated/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files). That is how you can select that directory on Android 11. 

I did request that Google let MobileSheetsPro have access to the entire file system, but so far they have ignored my request and are not allowing my app to have that privilege. So we will just have to live with the limitations of Android 11 unfortunately.

Mike
Thanks for replying. I cannot make it work.

I'm using a Samsung tablet. It does have a separate SD card, but mobilesheets has always stored data on the 'tablet' storage. So if I tap the SD card icon it shows me that rather than the tablet storage.

1st attempt - I copied the data files (ie sheet music) to a new folder mobilesheets. Tried to fix broken paths both manually and automatically but it found none and wouldn't open anything.

2nd attempt (after photos taken) -  I did manage to get the storage to refer to /storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files

https://photos.app.goo.gl/71nw6aCmdp3cUHaSA

I'm sufficiently techie to use windows explorer to move files around and have a partial understanding of the fact the app must have a 'database' file which points to where the sheet music files are and the list of songs I see on opening the app is presumably taken from that db. I hope it's not necessary - but would backing up the library, deleting the app, reinstalling it, and then restoring from backup work. I'm not sure I want to go there......
The problem is that you are specifying root at the start of the path in the fix broken file paths utility, but the "root" that is shown in the file browser is actually nothing more than "/". Considering that no Android versions let you access "/", I should probably just remove the "Root" from the breadcrumbs and just start with storage. So please try the fix broken file paths utility again, but just enter /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsfree/files, and then select the folder like you did for the "Replace with" field. Then you should hopefully see entries that are modified. 

If your library is in an invalid state (like it is at the moment), backing up is not going to be an option. We need to get the database fixed to point to the correct location. If you aren't able to get this fixed with the utility, message me at mike@zubersoft.com and I'll have you send me your database file so I can manually fix it for you.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Really appreciate your support. I'm going to be have to return to this next week and I'll let you know how I've got on