• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importing digital music books
(12-09-2021, 12:22 AM)maintech Wrote: I downloaded the Kindle app and a songbook from Amazon using the Hal Leonard materials. Sadly the images were too small to read, even on my 17" laptop, and the app prevented any method to import the music into MS.
I will get pdf images from the web and I know that works.

David

appreciate that this is an old thread but jumping in with new info and a new question

i have bought epub and kindle format digital music books
i was able to extract the original image files from the e-book. [ there are free tools for that]

some initial observations: image quality in epub was better than in kindle, but that may vary by book. epub page image sizes about 1100 pixels high - not great but reasonable

in the cases where I have abandoned a poor kindle and bought the paperback version instead, to scan in tediously, the image quality of a printed book is better than that of a digital sold version. [ but e books are cheaper] so maybe it depends on what quality you will accept

here's my question. the ebooks build page 1 of a song from 3 elements: . Text containing title etc, image of the music notation, more text with the footer blurb i.e. copyright info  that is at the foot of every 1st page of music. Page 2 of the song is just a single image.

so aspect ratio is badly out for page 1. when you get it into sheets on a 2 page view, its like having a square next to a rectangle. i need a feature like crop thats is opposite of crop i.e. can add white-space to top and bottom of an image, to make it an A4 ratio aspect

for Hal Leonard, if you locate a book on their site, there may be a link saying " if you only want some of the songs you can buy them digitally here 2 - link takes you to sheet music direct where you can buy a PASS subscription. with pass you can display, and screen grab, complete songs , one page at a time, you can also grab an audio playback from their interactive player i.e. a robo performance that can help with practicing - if you are tech savvy.

or you can keep paying the monthly pass fee and stream online all the time, but that does not get the product into MS.

once again i have an aspect ratio issue with the digital music service. if i go to a shop and buy a paper sheet music of one song, it will always filll a whole number of pages. there will never be just one stave on the last page. but that happens all the time in the digital renderings.
sometimes you can fiddle with the font size in their player so it ends at near to a full page but its awkward to use

Messages In This Thread
importing digital music books - by maintech - 11-30-2021, 01:08 AM
RE: importing digital music books - by McAroni - 11-30-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: importing digital music books - by itsme - 11-30-2021, 06:27 PM
RE: importing digital music books - by BRX - 11-30-2021, 10:37 PM
RE: importing digital music books - by maintech - 12-01-2021, 01:45 AM
RE: importing digital music books - by maintech - 12-01-2021, 06:16 AM
RE: importing digital music books - by maintech - 12-09-2021, 12:22 AM
RE: importing digital music books - by davidandbirds - 12-05-2022, 08:38 PM
RE: importing digital music books - by Zubersoft - 12-06-2022, 04:45 AM
RE: importing digital music books - by BRX - 12-06-2022, 10:11 PM
RE: importing digital music books - by KHS - 02-17-2023, 08:00 AM