• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort setlist by date when adding song to setlist
Is there any way to sort the Add to Set List>Select Desired Setlist by date?  I make three new set lists a week and often on the fly while leading my church choir.  I'll pick songs from collections, artists, or old set lists and choose Add to Set List from the three dots on the right corner.  It would be a lot quicker if we could sort by date as well.  I would like to be able to quickly choose the most current set list.  Eventually I will have to work out a way to archive but I have kept them all so far to keep track how often I sing certain songs.

Thanks!!
I can add that to the list of things to do when time allows.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mike
Do what I do and add 2 or spaces at the start of your current setlist names - they will then appear at the top of the list
After the event tap the 3 dots and remove the spaces; the entries will then revert into the maul of setlists.

Also suggest you name teh setlists using a "Gigvenue yyyy-mm-dd" format (or just yyyy-mm-dd if it is always the same venue e.g. "Church 2023-11-29" )

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
My workflow is somehow similar to Geoff's with a small difference: instead of changing the setllist names and adding blanks my naming scheme is
LineUpAbbreviation_yyyy-mm-dd_Venue

and set the sort order of the setlists tab to A-Z, Ascending OFF
So the latest setlists are shown at the top, the latest at the bottom of the list. I usually keep all setlists.
A while ago I used yyyy-mm-dd_LineUpAbbreviation_Venue, but it turned out that I like them to be grouped by LineUp first and date second.

A downside is that in the setlist selection lists, e.g. in the song editor setlists are still sorted ascending so that the latest ones are still at the bottom. So I have to scroll a lot to get there as I have more than 200 setlists.
It would be great if I could switch these setlist selection lists to A-Z descending.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(11-30-2023, 09:47 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Do what I do and add 2 or spaces at the start of your current setlist names - they will then appear at the top of the list
After the event tap the 3 dots and remove the spaces; the entries will then revert into the maul of setlists.

Also suggest you name teh setlists using a "Gigvenue yyyy-mm-dd" format (or just yyyy-mm-dd if it is always the same venue e.g. "Church 2023-11-29" )

Geoff

Great idea!  I never know who is going to be in the choir until we start so I have to change my list on the fly almost every service.  This will help a lot.

I have been using Sunday Morning/Sunday Night/Wednesday Night followed by the date mm/dd/yy.  I like having the three services clearly displayed since I look for different types of songs for each.
Glad you like it

I suggest you use yy/mm/dd for the date - everything then sorts alaphabetically and by date; your format does't sort by date

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6