• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrollbar hides number of songs - solved
The lists of groups show at the right side the number of songs contained in every group. As soon as the number of groups requires scrolling, the scrollbar hides parts of the numbers, see attached screenshot.
This affects all groups, setlists, collections, albums...
I noticed it on Win10 and did not check yet if it also affects the Android version

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Microsoft decided to design their list control so that the scrollbar just pops up on top of anything that's in the list, so that means I would have to add padding on the right side to prevent the overlap. The scrollbar is only shown when using a mouse though - it is not shown if you use your finger. My concern is if I move over the text to not be covered by the scrollbar, it starts look unusual when there is no scrollbar there (i.e. when not using a mouse), as it's so far in from the edge. Microsoft provided no way to know when the scrollbar is displayed that I can find (to dynamically respond to its presence) and there is no option to allocate a fixed amount of space for the scrollbar unless I make it visible even when the list can't be scrolled. So I'm not sure what to do about this. Note that if you just use the mouse wheel to scroll, then you don't have to worry about the scrollbar covering anything, and if you move your mouse away from the scrollbar, it will hide itself automatically.

Mike
Thanks for the instant reply.
On one of my computers, the one where the screenshot was made, the scrollbar did not hide. That is why I reported it as a bug or a missing feature in MSP (which it isn't)
Now I could find and solve it: if the scrollbar hides automatically or not is a setting in Win10.
In German it's
Erleichterte Bedienung - Automatisches Ausblenden von Bildlaufleisten in Windows
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1030...-apps.html
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de