• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi-Zählweise 0-127 oder 1-128
Hallo Mike,
die Zählweise der 128 Werte ist leider nicht einheitlich, manche Geräte fangen bei der Zählweise mit "0" an , manche mit "1" , dies führt immer wieder zu Ungereimtheiten wenn ich 2 Einträge mit "1" beginnend eintragen muss und einen Eintrag mit "0 "
Wenn ich es richtig in Erinnerung habe hatte ich mal 1 Gerät bei dem es möglich war die Zählweise einzustellen. Ist es Möglich eine solche Funktion in den Anzeige-Einstellungen vorzusehen.
Da es sich bei meiner Orgel um kein aktuelles Instrument handelt, ist es aussichtslos hier etwas zu ändern.
Gruß Achim!

Hi Mike,
the counting method of the 128 values is unfortunately not uniform, some devices start with the counting method with "0", some with "1", this always leads to inconsistencies when I have to enter 2 entries starting with "1" and one entry with " 0 "
If I remember it correctly I once had 1 device with which it was possible to set the counting method. Is it possible to provide such a function in the display settings.
Since my organ is not an up-to-date instrument, it is hopeless to change anything here.
Greetings Achim!
I can certainly look into supporting that at some point, although I'm not sure exactly how I should label that setting. In programming terms, that's usually referred to as one-based indexing, but I'm sure that won't make sense to the average user. I'll have to think about what makes sense - I'm open to suggestions.

Mike
Thumbs Up 
(01-04-2022, 06:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can certainly look into supporting that at some point, although I'm not sure exactly how I should label that setting. In programming terms, that's usually referred to as one-based indexing, but I'm sure that won't make sense to the average user. I'll have to think about what makes sense - I'm open to suggestions.

Mike

Same problem to me! All my MIDI-receiving gear is 1-based, but mobile sheets is 0-based. Would be nice (though not urgently necessary) if one could change this. 0-based and 1-based are not the badest choice, I think (but I'm a programmer as well   Big Grin ). Maybe MIDI program numbers start with 1/0 makes it more clear, but is a bit long?