• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security on a Chromebook?
I have a new HP x360 14a Chromebook that I'll use exclusively to run MobileSheets Pro (MSP). It's a great 2-in-1 and all is well.
To use it, I need to login to my Google account.

BUT - I leave the Chromebook on my piano, and deliberately do not have it sleep. So anyone who walks up to it can access all of my Google stuff, including my email, work files, etc. This is unacceptable.

I used my work email to setup the Chromebook. My company had to enable Android apps on Chromebooks, but I am the "IT department" and figured it out. Perhaps there is some other setting that would be useful, such as "managed guest session", or possibly "kiosk mode", but that is not at all obvious.

I tried "browse as guest" on the Chromebook, but it cannot access MSP.

I imagine I can create another Google account specifically for this Chromebook and MSP. I'd have to purchase MSP under that account, but that's not a problem (just $13 for this marvelous program -- incredible!).

Any suggestions?
You would need to either create another account to purchase the app under, or you can use the free version with a license key off my FastSpring store if you prefer.

Mike
Thanks. That's what I suspected. I'll purchase it again, as I want to support you.
I successfully created a new Google account, did a factory reset on my Chromebook and configured it to use the new account, purchased MobileSheets Pro via the Chromebook, and put all my music onto it via LibrarySync from one of my other tablets. All worked perfectly and efficiently. As MSP is an Android app, it does not know which Google account is involved, so I don't need to do anything to my Android tablets.

I won't use that second account in the Forums.

Thanks to Mike and everyone else -- this community is great!