• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibility to cut fancy cover from sheet music
A lot of pieces of sheet music I already have entered into Mobile Sheets Pro (Android) have a beautiful art cover or cover with a nice photo, which makes the amount of Mb's of the sheet music unnecessarily large.

I would like to know whether it's possible in Mobile Sheets to cut the cover page and so make the amount of Mb's of that particular piece of sheet music smaller.
Now, for new pieces I will enter into the database, I will cut of the cover (by printing to pdf with omitting the first page) before entering the music into MobileSheets.

Of course, I could delete all pieces with an unwanted cover in MobileSheets and upload them again after cutting of the cover of the sheet music, yet I do hope there would be a much quicker way.

Thanks in advance for your kind and helpful answer.
I don't believe you can reduce the size of existing files without loading new, smaller, versions

You can tell MSP to ignore the first page of a song; long press the song name, select Edit, select Files and change the Page Order so it starts with a 2.
(You could also use this feature to repeat a page which can then be given different cropping)
As I said, this won't change the size of the file.
You would also need to manually work through the menus for each file 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(01-11-2022, 11:02 PM)BrightVision Wrote: Of course, I could delete all pieces with an unwanted cover in MobileSheets and upload them again after cutting of the cover of the sheet music, yet I do hope there would be a much quicker way.

Thanks in advance for your kind and helpful answer.

You already imported large file.
There's no other way but only to change the size of your primary source.

Google's desktop version of Chrome browser is good keeping the PDF size down during the conversion.
Print->Save as PDF->exclude art pages (keep original paper size)
At the moment, MobileSheetsPro will not let you edit the PDF to remove pages permanently. I am going to add some basic editing features to add blank pages, remove pages, etc, a little later this year after the iOS version is released. For now, you will need to edit your PDFs before importing them.

Mike
(01-12-2022, 04:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, MobileSheetsPro will not let you edit the PDF to remove pages permanently. I am going to add some basic editing features to add blank pages, remove pages, etc, a little later this year after the iOS version is released. For now, you will need to edit your PDFs before importing them.

Mike

Thanks, all for responding.
Mike, great idea of adding some basic editing features a little later this year.