• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing annotation text changes song
Hi Mike

When editing an existing annotation using the T icon, MSP changes to the previous song if, using the onscreen keyboard, the cursor is moved left before the start of the annotation (Likewise, the next page is selected if one uses the right key to go past the end of the string)
This typically happens, for me anyway, when one is moving several characters and hits one too many left or rights.

Suggestion, right and left should be suppressed if they take you out of the text being annotated. This would keep the same page displayed.
I'm not sure if you can detect the difference between a keypress and a touch press so, if not, this might require the user to select the arrow icon before moving to a different page by tapping the right or left of the screen (but only when editing text)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I can't seem to reproduce this. If I push the left/right arrows in the virtual keyboard to move the text cursor position, it does not change the page when it reaches the beginning or end of the text. Your signature lists the Galaxy Tab A6 - is that the device you are currently using? How are your pedal actions currently set up? What keys are mapped?

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
It appears this is dependent upon which keyboard you are using. I've tried multiple devices, and it happens on some but not the others. Installing a different keyboard may or may not help. It appears as though some of the keyboards deselect the text when you move the cursor to one of the ends, which then causes the cursor key to trigger a pedal action to change the page. So I will have to see if I can stop that behavior from happening.
Hi Mike

Yes, that is the tablet I'm using (my only tablet) and I'm using the default Samsung virtual keyboard.
I did previously look to see if I could add another virtual keyboard for additional symbols but didn't find an easy way (or a set of symbols)

Ideally, this would be best fixed by you, if you can, as most users will not have the knowledge/experience to try different keyboards.

No rush - it's always been like this; it just annoyed me enough this time that I decided to report it.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I've found the source of the problem - while text editing is active, I just need to not process any keys as pedal actions. The text editing control normally keeps focus while editing is active, so the pedal actions are not triggered, but when you put the cursor at the start of the text and press the back arrow, or the cursor at the end of the text and press the forward arrow, the text editing control says, "I'm not going to process that key command" and lets the application process it normally instead, which causes the pedal actions to trigger. I've tested the change and everything works properly now. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Mike
Many thanks Mike; I'm glad it was a simple fix.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6