• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
library switching bug
#1
When i switch between two libraries that are using the same data directory, it often happens that the mobilesheets directory is lost and put back to the ...\Packages\427... path.

At the same time all song display and song list formats are lost.
I haven't figured out for sure when it happens and when it doesn't. It seems to have something to do with the way the window is closed (left arrow or close button)
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Reply
#2
You are the second person to report having their settings reverted or lost after switching libraries. I've tested switching libraries back and forth in the Windows 10 version, but I've never encountered what you have described. Please let me know if you can figure out a way to reliably reproduce this issue, because at the moment, I have no idea why you would be seeing that. It's important to note that switching libraries doesn't delete any settings - it updates one of the settings files, but that is the only change that is made. 

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#3
As a side note, I'm going to modify some of the code to try to prevent scenarios where the settings files could get corrupted. I have no idea if that is what you are facing, but it would be helpful if, when the application settings are reverted on you, you can go to the application data directory (C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState) and send me a copy of default.xml so I can take a look at it.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#4
I'm frequently switching libraries and was never facing the scenario that Vibrphon is reporting.
But every now and then my user filters are lost: user_filters.xml has around 400 bytes (instead of 5k before) and is shown as empty in the UI. I'm not sure if it is caused by switching library or by the fact that my MSP folder is synchronized by GoogleDrive. My MSP folder is on D:, user filters are in
d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\user_filters.xml
It's not a big problem because I always can restore a copy of the file, but it's a bit annoying.
Any idea what I should watch or what I could invetigate?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 21H1
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de


Reply
#5
That is really interesting that you are seeing a problem with the users_filters.xml. I wouldn't think it's a problem with Google Drive unless you happen to have a version of that file saved in Google Drive that is 400 bytes and it is replacing your file with that version. Normally, the user_filters.xml file is only modified if you are changing the existing filters, or if you have enabled Settings->Library Settings->Automatically Load Last Used Filters at Startup which is going to write out your changes every time you exit the application. Do you happen to have that setting enabled? If so, due to the fact that the settings are being written out as the application is closed, it's possible something is interrupting MobileSheets in the middle of writing the file. If you open the file in a text editor when it's 400 bytes, does the file look like it abruptly stopped in the middle? You can paste the contents here if you are unsure. If it does look like that's the problem, I'll have to investigate further what I can do to prevent that from occurring, but I'll also update the saving so that it doesn't modify the existing file until the write operation is fully finished (meaning I write to a temporarily file and then overwrite the existing file with the temporary file after the writing is finished). 

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#6
I have now switched between my two databases several times. Most of the time it works, but then suddenly it doesn't.
It could be that it has something to do with the activate button. A double click seems to activate the database. If you then select activate again, it just happened again. But before that nothing happened a few times!

I have attached the default.xml from the situation after the error.

What I also notice is that if I adjust the song list formats in a library, it affects both libraries. Apparently these settings are not related to the library.

Also the storage space of the data always applies to all libraries the same (which is supposed to be the case for me).

I also don't understand the difference between the close button (top right) and the back arrow (top left)

Attached some screen photos from what happend.

Bests Paul


Attached Files
.zip   library_Switch.zip (Size: 320.91 KB / Downloads: 3)
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Reply
#7
I've added a bunch of code to prevent potential data loss under various scenarios and to more safely write out settings. This should hopefully address what you've both been seeing.

To add on to what you wrote, song list formats affect all libraries as the format is saved in the application settings which apply to all libraries, and the close button and back arrow perform the same function and are redundant.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2022 MyBB Group.