• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using/understanding layers
Hello all!

I enjoy using MS so much! It's such a time saver.

One thing I'm not understanding is the layer feature. And how to edit a song that has annotations.

I make several additions to a song. Several chord stamps, free hand notations, etc. 
As far as I can tell, only 1 layer is engaged with several annotations. When I'm making these additions, I save/edit and embed the changes (per the warning that pops up when writing annotations to the file) several times throughout my process.  I'm choosing to write to all pages in the current file. 

When I get to the point where some of these additions can/should be removed/edited, I use either the eraser/pointer and sometimes, the rectangle to cover/hide something that I can't remove using the eraser or the pointer.  Often times, multiple items are removed even though I'm only selecting one item. Oftentimes, I'll carefully remove stamps, free written text, save/edit and embed and immediately after hitting ok, some of the things I just deleted are still there. 

After several months of trying to find a pattern with layers, editing, deleting etc. I need some guidance, cuz this isn't getting any easier and I don't see a pattern.

I'm using 1 layer and am adding several annotations that are saved/embedded at various times. I often need to undo or delete what was previously done.  

So, several questions:  what's the secret with using layers? How should I be saving and embedding additions? Should my annotations be written to all pages in the current "file" or all pages in the current "song"? I don't understand the consequences and how I should be making.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
using/understanding layers - by ThinkElaine - 01-18-2022, 08:43 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by Geoff Bacon - 01-18-2022, 08:51 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by Zubersoft - 01-18-2022, 06:01 PM
RE: using/understanding layers - by jeffn1 - 01-20-2022, 05:57 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by ThinkElaine - 01-19-2022, 12:48 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by Zubersoft - 01-19-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by ThinkElaine - 01-19-2022, 03:53 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by Zubersoft - 01-19-2022, 08:05 AM
RE: using/understanding layers - by ThinkElaine - 01-19-2022, 10:21 PM