• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumbnail view
As a teacher, I use MobileSheetsPro to open books (also sheet music, but mostly books). I'm missing an option to see thumbnails of the first page of PDFs, instead of seeing a list. It often happens to me that I don't remember the title, but I recognize it from the cover, so the thumbnail option would be very helpful.
Adding support for that is absolutely on my list of things to do. I recognize that some users would prefer to have more of a grid style list with preview thumbnails for each entry, or even a list with a thumbnail on the left for each entry, so I will be reworking some of the library screen to support that. It will be handled asynchronously (meaning it won't slow down the UI much and will be done in the background), but it will still have some impact on the performance as each thumbnail is rendered and each file has to be opened to do that. I will also only display the thumbnail for the entries that are currently visible (otherwise it would have to potentially render hundreds or thousands of thumbnails which doesn't make sense if you are only viewing 10-20 at a time). Just be aware that this will significantly limit the number of entries visible at once on the screen as space has to be made for the thumbnails. 

One other thing I'm planning is a mode where you can preview the song in a panel that will come out from the right side of the library screen and even view the metadata before loading the song. The idea in this mode is that you tap a song once to view the preview, then tap again to load it. This is anothe request that was previously made, so I will be adding that when time allows.

Mike
(02-01-2022, 10:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It will be handled asynchronously (meaning it won't slow down the UI much and will be done in the background), but it will still have some impact on the performance as each thumbnail is rendered and each file has to be opened to do that.

I hope it will be possible to disable thumbnails.
Can't imagine using it on limited tablet screens.
I rather prefer fast UI/app.
The way it behaves now will always be the default behavior. The thumbnails would be completely optional, as would the preview option I described.

Mike
Great! Smile
Hi 

Just wondering if there are any updates re thumbnails ? I really like visually browsing through my sheet music using a thumbnail/cover view 

Thanks !
Not yet - haven't had time to work on it. It's still on the list though.

Mike
Some news about this feature? Near or far?
Most likely not until the second half of next year. This is not something I get many requests for, so I'm trying to address the highest priority requests first. I can only work so fast as a single developer while still always prioritizing customer support over getting things finished faster.

Mike
Okay! Good to know it's still on the feature pending list, thanks!