• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome and complex measures
I play a lot of Balkan music, with complex measures like 7/8 (2+2+3 of 3+2+2), 11/16 (2+2+3+2+2 or 3+2+2+2+2).
Often these measures are played at a considerable high speed.

An example is the Bulgarian R'cenica in 7/16. When I try to put that rhythm in the metronome it hardly is possible, because I need a speed of 280 bpm and the 16th is (and I understand that) not possible.
In Finale I compose these measures by telling Finale that it is 2+2+3, and then all 16th notes are neatly grouped according to that.
It would really be fantastic when in a similar way not only the start of a measure, but also in this example the accents 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 might be heard/seen when using the metronome.

I understand the complexity of how to program this - but now I am afraid the metronome is not really helpfull in this type of music...
But it would be such a great help that I nevertheless dare to ask the question.
Thank you very much for paying attention,

Walterr
I plan to make major improvements to the metronome later this year when time allows. I really can't promise any changes to be able to handle this until then though. The idea will be to allow users to have more complex timing where they can silence or accent any individual beats, and change the timing for individual beats as well, as this is how I've seen it handled in other metronome apps (you can tap each note to change it).

Mike
Dear Mike, thank you very much!
Walterr