• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chordpro pasted quotes turn to question mark
When I paste text from another source that has quotation marks or apostrophes, it appears ok in the editor but after saving it turns into a question mark. I assume this has to do with the character set that MSP uses and the current fix is to delete and retype the character within MSP.

To streamline the process I tried clearing the formatting of the text in another text editor before pasting into MSP but the results are the same.

Is there an easier way to do this? (My music set often includes Bible excerpts to project over HDMI).

Thanks!
As soon as you set
Settings - Text File Settings - Display File Encodings to ON
a selection box shows up in Text Display Settings where you can choose the correct encoding for every song.
I prefer using UTF8 for all my ChordPro files and use Notepad++ to convert the encoding before importing them into MSP.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

itsme, fantastic! changed it to UTF-8 and applied to all files and now it's fixed. really appreciate all your guys' work and helping us out! blessings to all!

John