• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates For Blind Users
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Comments below:

1) This is certainly something I would like to do, but it's very complex to implement and only works well if the images in the files do not have a lot of noise and there is clear separation of the staves. So it's something I will work on after I've handled other high priority feature requests.

2) This would be somewhat controlled by the implementation details in #1, but I imagine it would be quite flexible if there is just a single staff displayed at a time.

3) Are you saying that the scroll speed should be something you can increase/decrease with MIDI messages, or are you saying that the scroll speed should be following the tempo indicated through MIDI Timing Clock messages or something along those lines?

4) This is something that is not going to be possible for PDF and image-based files unless there is an open source library that can be used in a commercial application to handle Music OCR. Music OCR (the conversion of images to a representation where information is obtained about each note on the score, dynamics and timing) is incredibly difficult to do well and is very error prone. Most Windows-based software products that can do this well are hundreds of dollars per copy. Alternatively, I could only support this for files that contain information about notes and timing such as MusicXML. However using the microphone to track the notes being played by the instrument and use this to accurately track where you are in the score is not a simple thing either. This is the kind of thing that takes many months of work to implement and longer to become accurate enough to rely on.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by Zubersoft - 03-22-2022, 05:29 AM
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by InstrEd - 03-22-2022, 05:42 AM
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by Zubersoft - 03-23-2022, 03:33 AM