• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideas for upgrading my old Samsung 4 Tablet?
(04-12-2022, 05:21 AM)faeriegrove Wrote: Looking for advice/ideas for upgrading my old Samsung tablet - Galaxy 4, 10" screen.  

Battery life not great, and at 16 G, need more space and speed.  It sometimes crashes for no reason.

It has served my MSP needs well enough, that's about all I use it for, mostly because of it's space and speed "limitations".

I've liked the 10 size, as it fits more discreetly on a music stand, but with my "aging" eyes, I'm wondering if I should go larger.....

advice?  ideas?

I researched my options for months.  Here is what I ended up doing:
I bought two Amazon  Fire HD 10 tablets.  It goes on sale quite often on Amazon for $99, so the pair cost me $198.  32 gig version is oodles.  They work great with MobileSheetsPro. I place both on the music stand and it gives me a beautiful view of  two full pages of music.  

You can set them up with a  footswitch to turn pages.  MobileSheetsPro even has a feature where you turn the page on one of the tablets and the other tablet will also turn the page.  It works perfect.

I have over 2400 PDF songs loaded.  Many of which I have annotated.  I've also loaded some ChordPro files.  ChordPro files also display beautifully on these.

Go  to Amazon.com and search for "Fire HD 10 Tablet, 10.1 1080p Full HD, 2 GB (2021 release)".  

I really like my setup.  iPads are nice as well, but won't run MobileSheetsPro.  I used to use ForScore on iPad and it was way too expensive and I could only view one page at a time.  MobileSheetsPro is way better in my experience.

One caveat:  You have to get the Google PlayStore running on the Fire HD 10.  Takes about 20 minutes to set up the PlayStore.  Instructions are here:  https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-...re-tablet/

Worked fine for me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ideas for upgrading my old Samsung 4 Tablet? - by keithpday - 04-14-2022, 07:31 AM