• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accidentally turn to next song and I'm sunk!
When I accidentally turn the page to the next song, the current song stops playing. How embarrassing! I've been searching the manual and forum posts, but nothing seemed to directly address this question: How do I make MSP wait for me to hit the "start/stop" portion of the page (which I set to top middle) instead of stopping my song. I have mostly lyrics up and it isn't always obvious if there's another page, so I sometimes page turn one two many times. Thanks for any help!
Maybe it can help you to set the option "page slider visibility" to "always visible" in the display settings. 
Then you can see whether you are on the last page of the actual song or not.

Regards
Michael
Or use the annotation tool to put a red dot or something on the last page.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
You could disable "load next Song automaticly " in the library settings. This will prevent turning the page accidentally. I set up an extra touch Action to go to the next Song and one for the previous.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
This may work, Settings>Display Settings>Always Show The Title Bar. The page numbers are at the top right.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
In addition to the suggestions others have provided, there are other options you can consider depending on your preferred workflow:

1) If you use a bluetooth pedal to turn pages, you can enable Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Prevent Pedal from Changing Songs. Then you would change pages with the pedal, but never have to be worried about going past the last page of the song. You'd have to tap to turn to the next page then.
2) If you go to Settings->Library Settings and uncheck "Always Load Whole Setlist", you can then load individual songs from a setlist, but you won't be able to turn past the last page of the current song. If you use the "Go to Next Song" touch action, you can choose when to switch to the next song.

You can decide whether having a visual indicator is enough to prevent you from changing to the next song. If not, then you can utilize one of the settings I have mentioned.

Mike
Hey, thanks so much, every suggestions was good from the red dot and on! I also discovered that, for visual cues, there's that option to show the next song in the form of an additional title bar that shows up only on the last page. And, since I'm afraid I might miss a visual cue, Mikes separate go to next song command is what I was hoping for!
(04-17-2022, 03:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1) If you use a bluetooth pedal to turn pages, you can enable Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Prevent Pedal from Changing Songs. Then you would change pages with the pedal, but never have to be worried about going past the last page of the song. You'd have to tap to turn to the next page then.

Mike

I've tested "Prevent Pedal from Changing Pieces/Songs" on Android using Amazon's Fire HD 10 and Google's Pixel Slate with Chrome OS. Both devices paired with AirTurn BT-105 with with two pedals (left & right).

In Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions:
PEDAL 1 (left) is set as DPAD_UP Go to Previous Page
PEDAL 2 (right) is set as DPAD_DOWN Go to Next Page
"Prevent Pedal from Changing Pieces" is CHECKED.

In Settings->Library Settings->Load Options "Automatically Load Next Piece" is also CHECKED.

Unfortunately on both these devices "Prevent Pedal from Changing Pieces" is NOT preventing left pedal from changing to the previous piece!
However it is preventing right pedal from changing to the next piece.
I tested every display mode with those settings enabled, and loaded songs both as part of a setlist and individually. The only way I could reproduce what you are describing is when I loaded an individual song with the vertical scrolling display mode and turned a page back with the pedal. Let me know if that matches what you are doing. I will get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-18-2022, 10:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I tested every display mode with those settings enabled, and loaded songs both as part of a setlist and individually. The only way I could reproduce what you are describing is when I loaded an individual song with the vertical scrolling display mode and turned a page back with the pedal. Let me know if that matches what you are doing. I will get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

Yes that's correct. Vertical scrolling display mode is on (I like to see a bit of next page before the page turn) and preventing (to go to the previous piece) is not working only while choosing pieces individually.

When I "Load Start of Setlist" preventing is working well both ways (preventing to go to the next or previous piece).

Thank you for digging into this.
(04-18-2022, 08:35 PM)otnt Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 10:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I tested every display mode with those settings enabled, and loaded songs both as part of a setlist and individually. The only way I could reproduce what you are describing is when I loaded an individual song with the vertical scrolling display mode and turned a page back with the pedal. Let me know if that matches what you are doing. I will get it fixed.

Thanks,
Mike

Yes that's correct. Vertical scrolling display mode is on (I like to see a bit of next page before the page turn) and preventing (to go to the previous piece) is not working only while choosing pieces individually.

When I "Load Start of Setlist" preventing is working well both ways (preventing to go to the next or previous piece).

Thank you for digging into this.

Thank you for fixing this issue. I can confirm MobileSheets is preventing both ways (next & previous) in vertical scrolling mode.
Fantastic!
Sure thing - thanks for reporting the issue.

Mike