• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hascodes.txt error while library sync
Hello!  I encounter a problem (as of today):
When I sync to my Dropbox cloud library folder (Mobile_Sheets_Data), either 'updating the folder' or 'updating the device' results in an error message on the status page on my Android device (Galaxy Note Pro 12.2).  The message says: Error encountered transferring files: /Mobile_Sheets_Data/mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt 
I tried many times and even restored my Galaxy Note Pro library, but I still can't sync to or from the cloud library.
This problem doesn't occur with the Windows version of MobileSheets on my Windows desktop computer, which I use to prepare set lists for my Android devices.
Is there a solution?  - Thank you!
I've had a couple users now mention connectivity issues with Dropbox but I'm not able to reproduce this on my test devices. What Android OS is your device running and what is the model? You said Galaxy Note Pro - is it the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" running Android 5.1?

Thanks,
Mike
(04-17-2022, 08:48 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've had a couple users now mention connectivity issues with Dropbox but I'm not able to reproduce this on my test devices. What Android OS is your device running and what is the model? You said Galaxy Note Pro - is it the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" running Android 5.1?

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you for your reply! 
It is an older Android that unfortunately can't be updated.  It is the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" (SAMSUNG-SM-P907A) running Android 4.4.2
I'm using it with MobileSheets for about 5 years now.

PS: I'm also running MobileSheets on my current Android phone (Galaxy A71 5G) just for backup purposes, and everything works fine there.

Thank you!
Ludwig
I have the same device and I could update it to version 5.0.2 I believe... Are you sure you aren't able to update it at least to that? Regardless, I'll try to investigate this on my older devices to see if a new issue has been introduced. I did update the Dropbox library to the latest version, but the changes seemed harmless. If I do encounter problems, I'll try rolling back the library to the previous version to see if that fixes it.

Mike
I have identified the source of the problem. It appears Dropbox has started requiring TLS 1.2 for connections but older Android devices (anything below 5.0) default to using TLS 1.1, so Dropbox rejects requests from them. I have implemented a workaround and will be pushing out an update either today or tomorrow with the fix.

Mike
(04-17-2022, 10:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have the same device and I could update it to version 5.0.2 I believe... Are you sure you aren't able to update it at least to that? Regardless, I'll try to investigate this on my older devices to see if a new issue has been introduced. I did update the Dropbox library to the latest version, but the changes seemed harmless. If I do encounter problems, I'll try rolling back the library to the previous version to see if that fixes it.

Mike

I bought the tablet used a few years ago and it seems to be an AT&T tablet (I don't use the AT&T or any phone service on this tablet). Whenever I go to settings/software update I see the AT&T software update logo and it says that I am up to day. Which obviously I am not. I wouldn't know how to get rid of AT&T on this tablet.  It would be nice to update it.

Ludwig
(04-18-2022, 04:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have identified the source of the problem. It appears Dropbox has started requiring TLS 1.2 for connections but older Android devices (anything below 5.0) default to using TLS 1.1, so Dropbox rejects requests from them. I have implemented a workaround and will be pushing out an update either today or tomorrow with the fix.

Mike

Thank you for maintaining this awesome software so well!

Ludwig
I'm also running MobileSheets on my current Android phone (Galaxy A71 5G) just for backup purposes, and everything works fine there.

mobdro