• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free form selection
Hi Mike

I use free form annotations a lot, to write chords around lyrics, and I struggle with the selection of those annotation
When I want to select chords and copy them, it seems that forms are linked together depending on how fast I wrote the chords
Do you have a solution so I can select only the chords I want?

Thanks for this very good app and the constant updates

Damien
If you open the settings in the annotations editor, you will see there is a setting for "combine freeform annotations". If you uncheck that, every stroke you make will be saved as a separate annotation. Let me know if that is what you are looking for. If you need more precision on selecting annotations, you may need to use the layers window if many annotations are overlapping.

Mike
(04-19-2022, 09:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you open the settings in the annotations editor, you will see there is a setting for "combine freeform annotations". If you uncheck that, every stroke you make will be saved as a separate annotation. Let me know if that is what you are looking for. If you need more precision on selecting annotations, you may need to use the layers window if many annotations are overlapping.

Mike

That's it!
Sorry I've missed this parameter
It solve my problem, so now the app is perfect for me!
Thanks a lot for your quick reply

Damien
Hi Mike,

This topic made me think about the logic behind the "combine freeform annotations" function.

I've had it enabled so far, and sometimes I find it useful, at other times I think it's a nuisance.

It feels like some sort of proximity meter works as a gauge whether or not to "group" annotations.

That's fine, I suppose. But it feels like the threshold is a bit large, for me anyway.

Perhaps an additional 'gauge' could be related to whether or not the score has been moved.

In my (n=1) use case, I tend to zoom in 1000%, write down a chord, slide to the right, write down the next chord.

I suppose it'd be really useful if any annotations were grouped that were done from a particular viewpoint. Then I could use the black arrow tool to select multiple chords if needed.
The logic for grouping freeform annotations is quite simple actually - all freeform strokes are combined up until the point you switch tools or settings. I am going to add options for grouping/ungrouping selected annotations in the future, but that's a little different from what's happening with the freeform annotations. 

Mike
Ok, I understand now why I was struggling
For months now, when I want to move because I zoomed, I stay with the pencil and use two fingers
So I don't change the tool, and the selection is quite wide!

Good to know, I'll see what works best for me