• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
current db lost after update
I can't tell much more than that right now, but it's the second time in a row that MSP couldn't find my current database after an automatic update and displayed the warning regarding the missing db and restoring from a backup on my Surface Pro with Win10.
That's very strange and I definitely don't like to hear that. Is there anything that could impacting the LocalState folder where the application files are stored under? An update is normally not supposed to change any of those files in any way.

Mike
The only thing is that I made a junction of the folder at another place which I use to sync with other machines. But there shouldn't be changes that lead to a loss of a database so it can't be found. It only happened with the last two updates but maybe that's coincidental.
OK, upon further examination I think it's due to a sync complication and so not the fault of MSP.

The updates changed the contents of the LocalState folder initiating a sync though. This seems to have resulted in a conflict with the db (though it wasn't changed) so it renamed it to "conflicted" and thus the db couldn't be found anymore by MSP at startup after the update.

I can think of an improvement though.

If you change the warning of the missing db though to 2 options like "do you want to look for the database" (or something) with the possibility to open a file manager window to examine the folder and choose/rename a file rather to just open the last backup file (which should stay the 2nd option) the user could fix the problem within the app right in the startup. Which is a good thing especially in a performance situation. Maybe you can consider that though it's probably a rare scenario.

Thanks.