• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defaults not applied when swapping in chordpro files
Hi Mike,

I am improving my process, and hit a snag.  When I use the companion tool and swap in a new chordpro file, all the default settings go out the window.  For starters, it was aligned to the right, which really stumped me for a while.  In the end, it was just that the right to left option was selected.  Then I noticed the scrolling settings I had setup before were all whack.  It was skipping pages, when I had already saved a different default that just scrolled through vertically with all pages lined up vertically.  

Anyway, the details aren't that important.  The crux is that swapping files using the companion tool seems to kill defaults.  Any ideas to resolve this?

My goal is to do my chordpro editing on my computer.  Nothing worse than trying to write chordpro formatting on a tablet..  

Thanks!
I always maintain ChordPro files on the PC and copy them right into the MSPro location on the tablet. No Companion involved.

Nothing changes except the song contents so maybe something else is going on in your situation?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
As far as the first issue you faced, if the default display mode was set to "Vertical Scrolling" and you didn't override the display mode settings for the song, then it should have scrolled vertically like you would have expected. I'm not sure which scroll settings were not set up the way you wanted though - those should not have been impacted by swapping in a new chord pro file. 

You said that the swapping kills the defaults - which defaults are you referring to? If you swap in a file, other than parsing out the chord pro metadata again, which I believe it now does (I can double check that if needed), it shouldn't change any of the existing settings in the song such as the scroll settings.

Mike