• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synch to Cloud Folder (Google Drive) seems not to get to completion
I've encountered the following error (if that's what it is) when I've attempted to synch my MobileSheets libraries to the Cloud (Google Drive) from two different Windows machines. I always get this error message after the last of the tunes seems to have been uploaded successfully:

Error encountered transferring files:  MobileSheets Synch/stamps/Symbol - con sordino.jpg"

("MobileSheets Synch" is the name of the directory on my Google Drive.  There's no "stamps" subdirectory on the Google Drive.  I have no user-defined stamp "con sordino.jpg," presume it's a predefined stamp.)

Looking in the "MobileSheets Synch" directory on my Google Drive, I do see a subdirectory for each tune (that's the way I've set preference for my MobileSheets Library as well), but nothing beyond the tunes.  If the synch should be saving other structures, it's not doing so.

Is my synch library really complete / running to completion, or is it failing before it gets to completion?  What do I need to do to correct the problem?

I don't know if the following has bearing:  When I first start the synch, I get a message "Unable to find library in the selected folder.  Would you like to upload your device's library for future merges."  So far, I've answered "OK" to that query (again from two different machines), but since I keep getting this message, I presume there's an underlying issue.

Thanks, Rob L
It definitely sounds like the custom stamp is throwing off the sync. If you've used that custom stamp in one of your songs but the custom stamp is missing from the device, I would advise deleting that stamp and then trying the sync again. If you need help with this, go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, email mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com and I can either fix the database or tell you which song(s) need to be fixed. It sounds like I may need to do some additional testing where I have references to custom stamps, delete those files and then try to sync. 

Mike
OK, that makes sense. 

I had a year ago loaded some custom symbols (con sord / senza sord in a couple colors) and used them in markups of some musical theater music.  The "con sordino.jpg" wasn't one of them - maybe it was something I played with even farther in the past.

More recently, I deleted those symbols and loaded renamed ones.

Since there was no function that "renames" or "replaces" symbols, I imagine the musical theater music must still be pointing to the previous (and now invalid) symbol names. 

I think it might be easiest for me to scroll thru the music from last year, deleting the symbols (probably they show up as exclamation points now) and either inserting the "new" symbols in their places, or handwriting the symbols, or just omitting them entirely.

Thanks for the lead.  I'll report back (for good or ill) once I try it.

Regards, RL
I've been able to resolve the problem and synch successfully to my library.

The issue was apparently that there were user-defined annotations in one of my shows that were no longer in my user-defined annotation library.

When I looked at the score where I think I used the annotations, the annotations didn't show in the music display, nor did an error character (like the red exclamation point), and so I couldn't go thru and delete the offending entries one by one.  I ended up just deleting the score entirely.  Once I did so, the synch to library worked normally / correctly.

Somewhere on the to-do list, might I suggest function to prevent deletion of user-defined symbols that are in use in the library, or alternatively some "where used" function.

Thanks again for your help.  I love your software!  Regards, Rob L
I can't prevent users from deleting files off the file system unfortunately. The symbols are not deleted in MobileSheest if they are still referenced. Having said that, I did update the sync code to allow for missing custom stamps, so this won't prevent a sync from completing in the future.

Mike