• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airturn BT500 problems
Also, as a side note, you need to make sure you go to the tablet settings->Apps->MobileSheets->Permissions, and grant the "Nearby devices" permission if you are running Android 12. That new permission seems to stop pedals from working if it is not granted.

Mike
Hi,

I had the same problem trying to get the Airturn BT-105 to work with MS on a Windows Surface 6.
I got it to work after I cleared and reassigned the pedal actions.

However, there is a small snag, still. When I depress pedal 1 which is assigned to "go to next page",
it only works every second press. It is easy to work around, just press twice every time.
Pedal 2, assigned to start/stop a drum file works fine.

I used to use an Android Samsung TAB A tablet and it always worked fine with that tablet.

But the tablet works on windows 10, at least on mine.

Sincerely,
Dan
madoues/Dan - Can you verify that you don't have "Go to previous page" assigned to any of the actions? I've seen cases in the past where users assigned multiple actions to the same pedal key, and it would effectively cancel one of the pedal actions out (i.e. go to next page and go to previous page both assigned to the same pedal). I'm not sure why else you would be seeing that behavior as it's very strange...

MIke
Here's some things I have learned in the process of setting up AirTurn BT-500 .
I have had to return and replace THREE AirTurn BT-500 before getting one that works.
Daniel Vigil is infinitely patient.
The best version of the AirTurn manual I have found is at https://manuals.plus/airturn/bt500s-2-bluetooth-foot-controller-manual. It may be tmi for some tastes.
It's very important to turn off competing Bluetooth devices, including your phone, while trying to pair AirTurn with your Tab. Once the pairing is established, you can leave your phone's Bluetooth on while connecting AirTurn to your Tab. 
I commend MobileSheets for their "direct mode".
I had to "forget"/delete unsuccessful pairings, from my tab's bluetooth repertoire and from MobileSheets  before I could establish one that worked. The brief message about "incorrect pairing codes" is the  hint that this needs to be done.
the airturn bt500s4 is now completely dead. i first thought that the battery was empty, but it could not be charged and showed no other reaction. i have sent it back to thomann.
Just to add to the discussion: I also recently purchased an Airturn BT-500 to replace my aging BT-105 that started to become unreliable due to flaky connectors of the pedals. I've been using a Windows-based tablets with MobileSheets for a couple of years, and never had any problems. But I could not get the BT-500 to work correctly in any mode, even though pairing did seem to work. I'm also very sure it's a Windows/BT-500 related problem, since the BT-500's pair and work perfectly with my (very old) Android-tablet and the Android-version of Mobilesheets. I also bought an Airturn PedPro in the meantime that works perfectly with the Android tablet AND the Windows-tablet.

Something I've noticed: All of my other Airturns show up in the keyboards-section in the Bluetooth-settings, but the BT-500 gets put under the "other devices". The icon showing which type of device it is, is also different from the other Airturn-pedals, namely a keyboard+mouse (desktop-set) instead of just a keyboard with the working pedals. My best guess is there's something wrong with the driver that the BT-500 gets assigned in Windows, or there's a bug in the firmware that only shows up in pairing with Windows.

Here's to hoping they fix the error soon. I really prefer the tactile pedals of the BT-500 to the pressure plate of the PedPro's, since with the latter I regularly get missed presses that really take you out of focus while playing.

Quote:i have sent it back to thomann.
Too bad you've already sent it back. I've experienced the same thing about 15 minutes after opening the BT-500's box by just doing a hard reset (based on the manual's instructions), and I've gotten pretty thorough steps from Airturn Support (that are not mentioned in the manual) to recover a BT-500 that's in such a state. It worked perfectly for mine either way, although they're still not working on Windows as described earlier.
(06-20-2022, 04:35 AM)darkjeric Wrote: Just to add to the discussion: I also recently purchased an Airturn BT-500 to replace my aging BT-105 that started to become unreliable due to flaky connectors of the pedals. I've been using a Windows-based tablets with MobileSheets for a couple of years, and never had any problems. But I could not get the BT-500 to work correctly in any mode, even though pairing did seem to work. I'm also very sure it's a Windows/BT-500 related problem, since the BT-500's pair and work perfectly with my (very old) Android-tablet and the Android-version of Mobilesheets. I also bought an Airturn PedPro in the meantime that works perfectly with the Android tablet AND the Windows-tablet.

Something I've noticed: All of my other Airturns show up in the keyboards-section in the Bluetooth-settings, but the BT-500 gets put under the "other devices". The icon showing which type of device it is, is also different from the other Airturn-pedals, namely a keyboard+mouse (desktop-set) instead of just a keyboard with the working pedals. My best guess is there's something wrong with the driver that the BT-500 gets assigned in Windows, or there's a bug in the firmware that only shows up in pairing with Windows.

Here's to hoping they fix the error soon. I really prefer the tactile pedals of the BT-500 to the pressure plate of the PedPro's, since with the latter I regularly get missed presses that really take you out of focus while playing.

Quote:i have sent it back to thomann.
Too bad you've already sent it back. I've experienced the same thing about 15 minutes after opening the BT-500's box by just doing a hard reset (based on the manual's instructions), and I've gotten pretty thorough steps from Airturn Support (that are not mentioned in the manual) to recover a BT-500 that's in such a state. It worked perfectly for mine either way, although they're still not working on Windows as described earlier.
Do you feel confident enough to share the un-printed steps?
Does anyone have a BT 500 working with Windows10?
Sure, I'll copy directly from the mail I got from support:

Quote:After pressing Up + mode + power, the battery LED should flash rapidly. When rescue update has started, the Bluetooth LED should flash too.

This occurs when it crashes on boot, and then gets stuck in a loop of rebooting and crashing. But it doesn't help us understand why it is crashing - the firmware has somehow got into a state which is causing the crash.

In general, if it is connected to USB it will be charging even if the indications don't work as the charging circuit is independent, so it's always good to leaving it connected for a good while to rule out low battery.

We have a couple things to try to reset the device. First, hard reset, which erases the stored configuration on the AirTurn. Press and hold port 1 and 3 (Up and down on DUO keypad) and then press and hold power button. If it works, the LEDs will flash alternately 3 times. Then it should work as normal.

If that doesn't work, try holding Up and mode, then pressing power. This will enter DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. Then, with AT Manager open on iOS or Android, it should offer to perform a "rescue" update. Perform the update, then it might work again.  After pressing Up + mode + power, the battery LED should flash rapidly. When rescue update has started, the Bluetooth LED should flash too.

The hard reset didn't fix it, but the DFU-mode got it back into fully working order. I did have to do it twice for some reason, as the first time the app concluded the "rescue" with a "Failed attempt". Second time did work though. Except of course the whole connecting to Windows and triggering correct keystrokes in that combination. By the way, this is for a DUO 500 / BT-500, so not the slightly older S-versions.

In an earlier e-mail, they stated:
Quote:We do know of a current issue with PC's. We don't know if it's a PC issue, or a pedal issue yet. BUt we do have a large team dedicated to working this out.

So I'm hoping they find the issue quick and can just send out a firmware-update that fixes it. The fact that the pedals are working perfectly on Android and iOS does indicate that the problem is mostly in combination with Windows...
Hello there,

I had exactly the same problems as the ones described here, my BT500 couldn't connect properly to my PC running windows 10, although it worked perfectly with my Android Phone. Airturn has issued a beta-firmware solving the problem. The instructions are below:

Windows won't allow you to update with our App called AirTurn Manager. You will have to use a mobile device like a tablet. Or phone. On a Android tablet, or Android phone the App is located in GooglePlay. On an iPad it's in the App Store. Please download this App to your device.

The goal is to run the Beta Update available in our App.

Make sure your pedal is paired to your device in Settings>Bluetooth. Then next to where it says paired there will be a Settings icon, or perhaps 3 little dots....this depends on the version. But tap on that icon next to where it says Paired or Connected. Turn off the switch for "Input Device". If you have an iPad, or iPhone you ignore this step, and just move to AirTurn Manager.

Then open AirTurn Manager. You should be able to select your device, and navigate to the "Check For Updates" button. Hold your finger down on that button until you get the option to run the Beta Update. Run that update.

After the update unpair your device in Settings>Bluetooth by going back to the spot where you turned off the "Input Device" switch. In that same area you will see the option to Unpair.

After you unpair turn the pedal on. It just needs to be sitting there blinking. Then press, and hold down the Power button on the pedal for 30 seconds to Reset it. After the 30 seconds let go of the Power button the pedal will probably be off. Turn it back on. Then pair to your PC.

The first thing to check is if the pedal makes a website move. This is the most basic test we run. I tell people to go to cnn.com , foxnews.com , or even airturn.com . These are large websites, and allows the pedals to make the website move a little when you hit a pedal. Do this test. If the website moves you would move on to the App you are intending to trigger. See if it works. If it does, great! If not, the most likely cause is that you need to do something in the App before the pedals work. We love the Apps that work with no adjusting....but most will have you do something in their Settings!
(07-01-2022, 05:05 AM)Bolide19Bo183 Wrote: Hello there,

I had exactly the same problems as the ones described here, my BT500 couldn't connect properly to my PC running windows 10, although it worked perfectly with my Android Phone. Airturn has issued a beta-firmware solving the problem. The instructions are below:

Life-saver right here! This beta-update indeed fixed the Windows-problem in just one update. Thanks for pointing out it was available! I've been hitting that "Check for updates" daily for about 2 weeks, it never occurred to me that the beta-firmwares were hidden behind a long-press :-)

I had to alter the update-process a bit though. For some reason the pedals lost connection as soon as the update started, but it worked flawlessly when I just DIDN'T pair them to the OS itself and only connected them through the Airturn Manager app (on Android).

I had no other solution yet for my upcoming concert on July 9th. The PedPro's really need too much pressure applied to be used in a seated position for my taste. Now, that problem is gone. So thank you Airturn for a pretty quick fix, and thank you Bolide19Bo183 for pointing out the fix was available already! ;-)
Hello everybody,

I am trying to connect my brand new AirTurn Quad 500 to my Surface running Windows 10.

After following the steps that some of you shared here I was able to connect the pedal successfully in all modes except for mode 1, Direct Mode. 

I bought the AirTurn because it has the Direct Mode, otherwise I would have favoured the PageFlip Dragonfly as it has LEDs on the pedals. 

I updated the firmware to the Beta version etc but still no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Surface Pro 1796 (Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM) running Windows 10 Pro
I haven't updated the AirTurn Direct Connect code on the Windows side in a while. I know that AirTurn has continued to make changes, so it's possible additional changes are needed in order for the direct connection to work with newer pedals. AirTurn does not provide a library for Windows devices, so it's something I have to implement myself by reverse engineering their code. I'll try to work on this soon.

Mike
Hello Mike and thank you for your quick answer. I contacted the guys at AirTurn as well. I hope this will be solved soon.

Cheers
Surface Pro 1796 (Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM) running Windows 10 Pro
Hello Mike,
I baugh BT500 Duo last week. 
I tried to installed it with windows 11, MobileSheets since 3 hours now. 
Is there an solution that really work for now? 
I tried everything proposed below (betaversion, rererererereinstall everthings, mobile device... 
If not, I will return it where I baught it or try another music reader. It seems that's the only solution? 
Many thanks for your help.
TiM

(05-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you want to use AirTurn Direct Mode, I would advise clearing the pairing on the pedal first, set it in Mode 1, then go to AirTurn Direct Mode in MobileSheets, and then you may need to pair the pedal in order to have it connected. If this does not work, please switch to Mode 3, pair in the bluetooth settings in the OS, and then try the following:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings.

2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, the pedal is communicating properly with your device and will work with MobileSheets. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

If the pedal isn't communicating properly with your device, you can try re-pairing the pedal in the system bluetooth settings and repeating the steps above.

If none of that works, do you have another device we can test the pedal on?

Mike
Hello,
I baught a BT500 DUO last week and experienced all these issues. 
I tried for 3 hours to solve the problem but without solution.
I tried to reinstall, betaupdate, mode 1 2 3 before , after ... pairing. 
Try solutions proposed by Mike et other. 
Tried to reinitialize MobileSheet ,ect ect ect
Is there a real solution since this bug has decleared? 
Do I need to change the device or the Music reader? 
Many thanks, wkr, 
TiM