• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with orientation and pedal
Today I was trying to work with my Max Lumi on Flipped Portrait orientation while I was charging it since the charging slot is at the bottom of the tablet in portrait and I can't access the port while I have the device on the stand.
I tried to use the quick setting menu rotate icon but flipped portrait doesn't seem to work. All other 3 orientations do.
Then I opted for flipping the display with the OS settings and while it worked, I found that the pedal button actions are now reversed, so tapping on pg-dn it actually goes to previous page so I guess the orientation change hasn't been taken in account.
I couldn't test it changing the orientation within MSP because like I said earlier flipped portrait doesn't  work although it was fine within landscape and flipped landscape and the pedal responded correctly.

I know that a while ago the orientation icon was coded to remember two positions which is great.  I intend to toggle between Portrait and flipped portrait (not working) once the problem is fixed since I don't really use landscape and I find myself charging while working on the stand.

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
When my app requests flipped portrait orientation, it's calling into the Android framework with the request. There is nothing I can do to flip the orientation of the device besides that. It looks like Onyx changed something in the OS where it won't allow flipped portrait orientation from within the app itself. I've sent an email to Onyx asking if there is any way around this limitation. They are sometimes good about responding, sometimes not, so I don't know if or when I will get a response.

Mike
(05-14-2022, 05:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: When my app requests flipped portrait orientation, it's calling into the Android framework with the request. There is nothing I can do to flip the orientation of the device besides that. It looks like Onyx changed something in the OS where it won't allow flipped portrait orientation from within the app itself. I've sent an email to Onyx asking if there is any way around this limitation. They are sometimes good about responding, sometimes not, so I don't know if or when I will get a response.

Mike

I see, ok thanks.
are landscape and flipped landscape handled differently because they work fine ...
What is then the purpose of the "Device Orientation Lock" in display settings?  I still can change the orientation via the quick settings box so it doesn't really lock it?
Donner BT pedal
They are not handled differently - Onyx is just letting those work while not allowing the other for some odd reason. The "Device Orientation Lock" setting should always reflect whatever you have selected through the quick action box. They are both controlling the same setting. Same with the toggle on the library screen. I just provided multiple different ways to access it.

Mike
Thanks. Let's hope that Onyx acts on it.
Donner BT pedal
I have resumed the conversation with Onyx about this functionality, and they are looking to remove the rotation limitation with their newer tablets. So this may be fixed in the near future once they release updated firmware.

Mike
(10-19-2022, 03:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have resumed the conversation with Onyx about this functionality, and they are looking to remove the rotation limitation with their newer tablets. So this may be fixed in the near future once they release updated firmware.

Mike

Thanks for following up on this Mike.
Donner BT pedal