• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset "Select a Color" highlighter color list?
Is there a mechanism to reset the "Select a Color" highlight color list to the original / default list of colors - or, better, to delete unwanted colors from the list?

I've fooled around quite a bit with highlight colors.  The available list of colors includes many that I tried but didn't like.  Usually I'm OK picking the "rightmost" version of a color, but not always.

Thx, RL
There isn't currently a mechanism to reset the highlight color list or to delete colors from the list. I may consider adding an option at some point to do that if it's important for people to define their own palettes. If you want to clear out all the custom colors you've selected, you'll have to go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, open annotation_settings.xml, and delete each custom_color_# entry in the file, as well as each custom_fill_# entry. Let me know if you need more information on this.

It's usually much better to set up favorites for your annotations versus relying on the palette to switch colors around. If you tap the star icon, you can bring up the favorites window, and then you can add a favorite for whichever tool is currently selected. So if you have a red pen selected, add that to the favorites, then change the color for the pen to blue (or whatever other color you want to use), then add another favorite in the favorites window by tapping the + icon. Now you'll see you have two different colors of pens in there and you can tap each one to switch the pen settings to that favorite entry. In this way, you can have a list of your favorite colors saved without having to manually switch the colors for the tool each time.

Mike
What I'm actually doing is to highlight "my" notes in bell choir pieces:  I put a semi-transparent highlight over each of my notes (e.g., every C6 is highlighted in pink).  For that usage, I think that the highlighter works pretty well, but I'm open to other ideas.  Thx again for your help - RL
That's fine - you can add multiple different highlighters to the favorites and switch between them depending on what colors you want to use.

Mike