• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Placeholder Songs by CSV Import
Hi all - 
I have a csv file for a book that I have as hard copy only, no pdf or images.  I'd like to create placeholder song entries so that I can search and see titles and page numbers of songs that I can find in that book.  Is this possible?  
Thanks,
ggist
Why not make a pdf file that consists of blank pages and is however-many pages long and then index off of that?
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
All song entries of a CSV can point to the same page of the related PDF.
You could scan e.g. the TOC or the title page of your book and let all songs show this.
Or even scan the whole book.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I tried something similar as a workaround to handle alternative titles, see attachments.
Note that the PDF is just a PDF export of the CSV opened in LibreOffice Calc.

Attached Files
.csv   GodfatherTheme_AltTitle.csv (Size: 428 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.pdf   GodfatherTheme_AltTitle.pdf (Size: 20.46 KB / Downloads: 5)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

You could make a pdf that matches or exceeds the number of pages referenced in the csv file and put "see hard copy!" on each page.

Or get scanning. I can scan 2-4 pages a minute depending on how cooperative the book is. Though, I've had lots of experience.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP