• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position Audioplayer window not retained after application exit
Hi,

Not sure when this started, but I believe the position of the audioplayer window was previously remember correct on my windows system and since xx time it no longer is.
When the audioplayer is displayed the position defaults to the (almost) top-left. Not really convenient as it cover the menubar...
Hence I move it somewhere down to the middle of the window.
I can then close the audioplayer window and the next time it is shown at the same position, even if I select another music piece.
However when I exit the application and start it again, the audioplayer is displayed at the top-left again.

How can I make sure the position is remembered after I exit the application?

I am using Windows 11 and MobileSheets Pro 3.5.5.

Regards,
Henk
It sounds like something is preventing MobileSheets from updating the configuration file which includes the last known position of the audio player. Please try going to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState, deleting media_player_settings.xml, repositioning the audio player, and restarting the app and see if that fixes the issue.

Mike
Hi Mike, 

Thank you for the quick reply.

After removing the file and starting MobileSheets the mediaplayer was positioned halfway down on my screen. Closing the app and opening again kept the same result and the file was not re-created.
Next I moved the dialog and selected mu choice of layout. The file now has been created and I can see it contains x and y position values.
x is approx. 87 and y is approx. 707. Closing MobileSheets and opening again. The mediaplayer is now shown at the top-left again.

I tried several layouts and positions, but does not seem to make a difference. Also trying portrait and landscape mode, and no difference.
I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet.

Anymore suggestions?
Did you change any of the audio player settings from the defaults when testing that? Are you using layout 1, 2 or 3 (small, normal or large which shows the playlist)? I ran a very simple test:

1) Loaded MobileSheets, loaded a song, brought up the audio player with all of the default settings and moved it near the bottom right corner
2) I closed MobileSheets
3) I loaded MobileSheets, loaded a song, brought up the audio player and it appeared at the bottom right where I had positioned it.

I'm not sure why we would be seeing such a difference in behavior. Are you using your device in portrait or landscape orientation? Is the app fullscreen or windowed? I'll run some additional tests on my own Surface Pro, but I imagine it will behave the same way as my PC.

Mike
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not receive a notification that there was an update.

Here is what I did:
- Deleted the settings file
- Started MobileSheets, loaded a song, brought up the audio player (which now has all default settings), which appeared halfway down the screen
- Closed MobileSheets
- Started MobileSheets, loaded a song, brought up the audio player, which appeared half-way down the screen, move it near the bottom right corner.
- Loaded another song, brought up the audio player, which appeared near the bottom right corner.
- Closed MobileSheets
- Started MobileSheets, loaded a song, brought up the audio player, which appeared almost at the top left of the screen.

I am using the device in portrait orientation. Testing in landscape mode....which places the audio top right of the screen.
Using fullscreen mode, tested in windowed mode and had the same result.

Are you also using Windows 11?

Henk
Henk,

I tested on my Surface Pro 4 and had another person test on a Windows 11 device, and in all cases, the audio player always saves its last used position, and is correctly positioned when the software is restarted. I'm really at a loss to explain why it's behaving so differently on your device.  Can you send me media_player_settings.xml after you have positioned the window at your preferred position? I'd like to test with that on my device.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Please find attached the file after I moved the mediaplayer to the bottom right.

.txt   media_player_settings.xml.txt (Size: 150 bytes / Downloads: 3)
Regards,
Henk
Thank you Henk - the problem appears to be with languages that use a comma to separate decimal values instead of a period. I have modified the code to correctly handle this for next update. If you need a workaround in the meantime, you can either modify the media_player_settings.xml file to use periods for the xPosition and yPosition values, or you can change the language in MobileSheets to English and that would also work.

Mike
Thanks Mike, glad you found the cause and I am looking forward to the solution in the next update. In the meanwhile my workaround is just to delete the settings file and not to reposition the player or change the settings.

Magic work!