• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't reposition existing Smart buttons
Trying to move around Smart buttons, in Win 10 version 3.5.5

I do a long press and hold, the button lights up, but I can't get it to move like I did a while ago.
It seems to have started after the update, I could easily move them around before.

I use them to open a project file in Reaper, links to YouTube tutorials, YouTube music videos, and other music websites.

The buttons all work correctly with a single click, I can delete them, and recreate a button,
but as soon as I drop one into location, it's stuck there.  Anything that I may be doing incorrectly?
Jerry
The last update was supposed to change the logic so that if performance mode is enabled, the buttons cannot be repositioned. This was based on feedback I received from users and it made sense to do that as a user wouldn't want to accidentally move their buttons in the middle of a performance. Unfortunately, it looks like a typo slipped past me while transferring the changes from Android (where it works correctly) to Windows, so now it only lets you reposition the smart buttons if performance mode is enabled. I will release an update to address this. Although it's incredibly tedious, you tap/click the bottom right corner to bring up the quick action box, enable performance mode, mode the smart buttons, then turn it back off. Sorry about any inconvenience this has caused you.

Mike
Mike,
Thanks as always for your quick response!  No inconvenience really, changes are only made occasionally.
But sorry to report, I tried enabling Performance mode, and still no movement. 
I'll watch for the update, I can work around this in the meantime.
Cheers,  Jerry
Sorry about that Jerry - it looks like the code is wrong in one spot and right in another, so this effectively makes it impossible to reposition the buttons at the moment. I'll be uploading an update today to the Microsoft Store for this.

Mike
Mike,
Problem is fixed, working great, and thanks for the 3.5.6 Update!

The update didn't just show up automatically and install itself, I had to use the Manual process, which is nice.
This time, I went to the Microsoft Store, to the MobileSheets app page, and I notice now the "Update" button.
Clicked on it, it then downloaded and installed, and working fine. Smile

Jerry
That's great news Jerry, thanks for letting me know.

Mike