• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloud sync with Synology Drive
Good morning. First, I apologize for my bad English.

In the synchronization menu to a folder in the cloud, you can choose between three types of providers: Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.

I would find it very convenient to add Synology's Drive service to this list as well.

I have a fairly large library and to keep three terminals synchronized with a single remote Synology Drive folder is only possible through inconvenient workarounds.

Thank you for your attention.

MZ
Adding support for network drives involves having to support SMB which is not a simple thing I believe. I will have to see if there are open source libraries for all of the operating systems to handle that, otherwise implementing it myself would be a huge undertaking. There are also other options like ftp/sftp and IP address based options for connecting to a remote server that involves a lot of major changes to handle the communication over those protocols. So this is something that will involve a fair amount of dedicated time, but I unless I get more frequent requests for this, it's not something I can prioritize over other requests that I get more frequently. 

Mike
(06-11-2022, 04:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Adding support for network drives involves having to support SMB which is not a single thing I believe. I will have to see if there are open source libraries for all of the operating systems to handle that, otherwise implementing it myself would be a huge undertaking. There are also other options like ftp/sftp and IP address based options for connecting to a remote server that involves a lot of major changes to handle the communication over those protocols. So this is something that will involve a fair amount of dedicated time, but I unless I get more frequent requests for this, it's not something I can prioritize over other requests that I get more frequently. 

Mike

I think, I have a similar problem. I want to use my own cloud (WD My Cloud), but there is no option to choose it at the operating menu of my Android tablet, or? I can only take Dropbox, Google Drive or One Drive. It would by nice to get such an option.

Michael
I know from past experience that trying to implement IP type programs is extremely time consuming; it is also difficult to implement/debug/maintain especially with so many hardware/software configurations
While it would be great if Mike supported your preferred mechanism, may I suggest that you try to implement something using one of the provided methods.
This will leave Mike free to develop other areas of his program e.g. the Mac version (something that I won't use). 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6