• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setlist of piano music has rotated view suddenly
I uploaded a heap of piano music a couple of years ago and have been using the app successfully playing dinner music. I practised last night and all was well. I arrived at the venue today and only 2 of my 60 songs were appearing properly. The rest were all rotated 90 degrees and only the middle section of each page was visible. I had to cancel the gig. I haven't had any problems with this before. Does anyone know what has happened?
A user brought to my attention that MobileSheets has been displaying images differently on Windows and Android. It turns out that on Android, MobileSheets has been ignoring all fo the EXIF information for image files, resulting in an invalid orientation. In order to address this, I added EXIF processing to rotate files correctly so that they match what is displayed on Windows. I knew this would potentially impact existing users, so I added a setting to control this under Settings->Import Settings->Process EXIF Data. This setting is supposed to be disabled for existing users and enabled for new users. If the setting is enabled for you, that would explain why your files were showing up differently than you would have expected. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Just toggle that setting off and your library will be as it was before. 

Mike
I just went back through the changes, and unfortunately, I did mess up the code that is supposed to disable the EXIF processing for existing users and enable it only for new users. It is now enabled for all users. I'm going to push out an update to address this, but anyone who updated to version 3.5.6 already will see that the setting is enabled on the settings screen. I really apologize for causing you to have to cancel your gig. 

Mike

UPDATE:
I've submitted the updates and they are pending approval.
(06-18-2022, 07:15 PM)Andrea1965 Wrote: I uploaded a heap of piano music a couple of years ago and have been using the app successfully playing dinner music. I practised last night and all was well. I arrived at the venue today and only 2 of my 60 songs were appearing properly. The rest were all rotated 90 degrees and only the middle section of each page was visible. I had to cancel the gig. I haven't had any problems with this before. Does anyone know what has happened?

All of your piano files are stored on the stored on your device. All these PDFs or pictures can be viewed by another software/app.
Any PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat Reader or Chrome Web browser can open any PDFs.
You have picture viewer on your device or again Chrome can display pictures.
Why you wouldn't open them outside MobileSheets?
Even if your tablet would broke you should always have a backup phone and all your files stored in the cloud for emergency access.
If your files are stored on SD card you should have identical backup on the other card.
I see no reason for cancelling the gig if your tablet/device was still working.