• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
selecting all songs
I imported a big pdf and now I have lots of songs at the "top level". I want to put them into a collection.

I see that I can highlight individual songs and then click the 3 dots on the upper right and "Create Collection from Songs".

But I can't see how to select *all* songs in the list.  There are too many to do one at a time.

A related question (or perhaps a feature request) is  - can one import a multi-page PDF directly into a collection?
Long press a song to start selection mode, and then you will see the floating toolbar at the bottom right changes what icons are displayed. Tap the square without an X in it to select all songs. 

Yes, you can certainly import a multi-page PDF directly into a collection. You have two ways of doing this:

1) Go to the collections tab, tap the collection to view the songs under it, then tap Import and select the PDF. The collection field will automatically be populated with the collection you tapped.

2) On the Import Settings dialog, or on the fields tab of the song editor, you can just enter the name of the collection. I find it faster to just enter the first characters of the collection and select it from the dropdown that is shown, but you can also use the dropdown if you prefer that.

Mike
(06-18-2022, 05:04 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Long press a song to start selection mode, and then you will see the floating toolbar at the bottom right changes what icons are displayed. Tap the square without an X in it to select all songs. 

Yes, you can certainly import a multi-page PDF directly into a collection. You have two ways of doing this:

1) Go to the collections tab, tap the collection to view the songs under it, then tap Import and select the PDF. The collection field will automatically be populated with the collection you tapped.

2) On the Import Settings dialog, or on the fields tab of the song editor, you can just enter the name of the collection. I find it faster to just enter the first characters of the collection and select it from the dropdown that is shown, but you can also use the dropdown if you prefer that.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I was able to move those songs into a collection and now I'll try the direct import methods you described.

- Rob
Hold and press one of the songs until the selection boxes show
Then select the open square with dotted lines around it (bottom right)
Three vertical dots (top right) and
Create Collection from Songs

re importing a multipage PDF then yes - it is treated as any other pdf
(when importing, use the edit screen and select the collection you want to use).

If the multipage PDF contains multiple songs and you want them to show up as individual songs then you probably want to use a .csv file to specify where the song titles/pages (this file can also specify which collection the songs appear in). The .csv format is quite specific so suggest you find an example on the forum and experiment on a small file first.
Note: if the multipage pdf is subject to change then you may be better off splitting it into separate files which you batch import into MSP (using separate files means that you don't lose any annotations should you swap the multipage pdf to a newer version)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6