• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylus input to enter annotation mode should not also draw
I have the Touch Setting "Enter Annotation Mode with Stylus Input" enabled as I find it convenient to pick up the stylus to start annotating.

However I would prefer if the initial stylus input did not also make a mark on the page. Inevitably I have to undo that first annotation because it is either just a misplaced dot, or the wrong annotation tool is currently selected (impossible to know or remember before entering annotation mode).

I seem to remember this is how it used to work, but at some point this changed. Note this is with version 3.5.8 (eink) on a BOOX Max Lumi 2. 

Many thanks,

Mark
I think you don't have to tap to activate annotation Mode. Just hover over the screen. Then Start writing
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I don't think the e-ink styluses support hovering. I can look into fixing whatever changed with that so that the first touch event is ignored when entering the annotation editor by touching the screen with the stylus.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that would be great.

Actually the Lumi 2 does support hovering, but it's quite sensitive and one has to be quite careful not to actually touch the screen.