• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncing My Surface Pc/Tablet with My Desktop
Just joined today.

I have 2 pcs running windows 10. I wanted to sync them together so that any updates I make on my desktop will reflect on the Surface laptop/ tablet, and vice versa.
Both are connected to the same network on wifi. Having trouble digging out the exact procedure in the manual.
Open MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen and then Sync Library->Sync to another device. Set up one PC as the server (the one that has the changes you want to push to the other one) and the other as the client. Set the sync type to "Update Client" so that changes are pushed from the server to the client device. Also make sure to connect over WiFi. Now tap "Create Server" on the first PC, then on the second PC, tap the entry that shows up and tap Connect. Now the sync will proceed and push over the changes.

Mike
(07-06-2022, 04:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Open MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen and then Sync Library->Sync to another device. Set up one PC as the server (the one that has the changes you want to push to the other one) and the other as the client. Set the sync type to "Update Client" so that changes are pushed from the server to the client device. Also make sure to connect over WiFi. Now tap "Create Server" on the first PC, then on the second PC, tap the entry that shows up and tap Connect. Now the sync will proceed and push over the changes.

Mike

Thanks Mike. 
I just had one issue:
"then on the second PC, tap the entry that shows up and tap Connect."
The connect button would not  become active. But there was a button beside it "Direct Connect" that was enabled. When I pressed that everything worked great. It transferred all the songs etc that was on the Desktop to the laptop. (It synced).

Question:
It looks like I have to go through this procedure every time I add something new to the desktop (which I fine) but is there a way to make it sync automatically ?

Also:
I'm guessing that when I make changes on the laptop and want them to appear on the desktop I just go through the procedure again but this time making the laptop the server

Thank you for your help. This is awesome!
There is no automatic synchronization at the moment between devices, and that's probably not something I'm going to try to support. You will have to manually trigger the sync each time you want to push changes. I may support a more simple automatic synchronization to the cloud in the future, but that's going to be meant to keep multiple devices in sync and it will not handle merging libraries. It will just forcefully make devices match based upon timestamps for when things were last modified.

Mike