• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem playing MP3 with sheet music
I have been a user for a couple of years so know my way around, but recently I have been encountering problems with running backing tracks. I think it could be a setting problem, but have done a default reset and the problem still remains.

The problem is that some, not all, of the audio files start 2 or 3 seconds in so the first bar or so is missing. It does not always happen, sometimes the audio file begins at the beginning. There appears to be no particular pattern which makes the problem difficult to resolve. It can happen when choosing the file from the library or when choosing from a setlist. It does not apply to specific tracks, it can happen to any track at any time.

Do you have any suggestions?
Many thanks
Andy
Try opening the audio player, clicking the settings icon at the top right and toggling the "Use advanced audio player" setting. Let me know if that has any impact on the problem you are currently setting.

Mike
Hi Mike, did what you asked and advanced setting is already ticked, so unticked it and then re-ticked it. Problem appears to have gone, but will have to see. Many thanks for that tip, hopefully it has done the trick. Does that automatically apply globally, or only to the song that I entered to get to audio settings?
I was suggesting you leave it unchecked to see if that fixes the issue. I don't think turning it off and back on will have much impact. It is a global setting and determines whether a custom audio backend is used versus the standard Microsoft audio engine. 

Mike