• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set list sort
Did not find this..

Would be nice to see the list orted especially if the list is long.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean you want the list of set lists to be sorted? Or that you want the pieces of music inside the set list to be sorted? The latter, of course, would defeat the point of a set list.
(06-30-2012, 07:53 AM)cdawe55 Wrote: What do you mean by this? Do you mean you want the list of set lists to be sorted? Or that you want the pieces of music inside the set list to be sorted? The latter, of course, would defeat the point of a set list.

At times when building a long set list it would be nice to sort to easily see which tunes are included. I generally use set lists to decide which tunes to play and only play a small percentage of the tunes. Each performance is spontaneous so I don't follow a strict order.

If I use the collection feature I can't specify the order ever. Why not let the user in all cases sort or not sort depending on needs. The nice thing about this app is that there are ways to use it that were never planned.

Thanks for your feedback.
I understand where you are coming from. I would be interested to hear if this would also be useful to other users. I think I can implement this on the setlist editor screen without too much trouble, but I will just have to be very careful to disable features like reordering the setlist, because if you tried to reorder the setlist while it was sorted, it would mess up the ordering in the database (the unsorted ordering).
This sounds like more of a use for a collection to me, but I see where you're coming from. Personally I would never use this feature.
1 Collection feature is sorted but cannot be customized order

2 Set list can be customized order but cannot be sorted.

More power is generally better in the long run.
Gig last night with printed set list reminded me that the ability to sort is essential. Singers had a list of 25 tunes and none were played in written order. Once the order is broken alphabetical list is best option for set lists. Almost all of my gigs are dynamic based on audience reactions so this is an important feature. Having this option would be a plus and does not harm if not used.
I've added the support for sorting setlists in the latest release. Let me know if it meets your needs.