• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Issues problems.
(01-08-2023, 06:07 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: MIDI Echo is actually off by default. I'm not sure how it was enabled on your device. I definitely would not want that setting turned on for most users, as it can cause problems like you observed.

As far as the pairing, if you are using the Google Bluetooth library, it should only ever try to connect and pair with something you had connected with previously. It matches things by name though, so if you have multiple devices with the same port names, I suppose that it would try to connect to all of them, which may be what you observed. I'm not sure what the best way is to handle that while still supporting automatic reconnection. I may have to add a setting to indicate whether MobileSheets should automatically reconnect when it sees a device it recognizes, versus forcing the user to have to manually connect to devices. I can't find something in the Google MIDI library yet that would let me uniquely identify a bluetooth device, but I'll keep researching this.

Mike

It is very possible accidentally clicked this. I have been in here messing around a lot. I will check on Thursday at Band Practice. My drummer  is extremely non technical and got his first ever tablet at Christmas, He had me install his Mobilesheets for him and then import all our PDfs from one drive. Thats all I ever touched. I vertainly know he isn't in there setting up midi or anything. Will let you know next week as this continues.

(01-08-2023, 06:13 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I see two potential options:

1) I can obtain the bluetooth friendly name of the device, which may be something you could configure. So that would allow each device to be uniquely identified.
2) I can obtain the bluetooth address of the device, but I don't know if this is a stable address. I will have to experiment with this. If it is stable, then I internally could start storing the address with the port names so that I only reconnect to that specific device.

Mike

I will make some changes and see. I can not configure the name on the device itself but in Android I can. Not sure if that will work though. I can experiment with it this week as well. The other foot controllers, I know in the studio, there may be more 
IK Multimedia BlueTurn Wireless
Then a couple Airturn devices. 

I own none of these and have never previously pair them at least to my knowledge, Anyway it would be good if there was a way to identify them by something more unique maybe and option to lock it so that nothing else gets paired unless setting is unlocked. Just thinking if someone is using something with a common name, just thinking we played some festivals and stuff in major city last year, one band prepping one playing one band getting off stage packing up. Just imagining a couple bands clashing having same type of page turning device I am assuming they are all using default names. I know the bluetooth in my tablet has a huge range I get my neighbors TV and few other devices showing in my list.

At least maybe if you can figure out a way where No mean no at least while the app is running? The biggest problem was it would come up and say do you want to pair, I click no, and 2 seconds later, Hey want to pair now. No/ 2 seconds later, hey want to pair now. etc. Had I just been able to click no once I wouldn't even have mentioned this it wouldn't be an issue. Again though will do some more looking and experimenting Thursday when I am back in the same studio when setting up. This was ok everyone ready to play, and I launch mobilesheets thinking yep and had all these issues pairing I never seen before. 

Messages In This Thread
MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 04:57 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 05:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 06:25 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by stephane1m - 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-02-2023, 03:58 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-02-2023, 06:08 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-03-2023, 10:16 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-03-2023, 11:10 AM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by JeffsRealm - 01-08-2023, 04:39 PM
RE: MIDI Issues problems. - by Zubersoft - 01-08-2023, 06:07 PM