• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Annotations with Galaxy S-Pen
I just got a Galaxy Tab S8+ with an S-Pen, and I'm seeing some odd behaviours while annotating. 

The main thing I noticed is that the pen button seems toggle things when you press and release the button, but it should only switch the tool while the button is held down. To be more specific:

Undo:
If I set the button to the Undo function, it only works every second time I press it.

Toggle:
Pressing and releasing the button toggles between the current tool and erase. Or if I hold it down, it stays on erase until I erase once, then switches back. What (I think) should happen is that it keeps erasing until you release the button, then switches back to current tool. At least that's what my Surface does. Here's a video of the behaviour. Note that you can hear the clicking of the button to tell what I'm doing.

Toggling the wrong tool:
If I switch the button to use a different tool, pressing and releasing the button will toggle between the one in the setting and the previous one in the setting, ignoring the one that was actually selected in the annotate window. You can see this in this video

Holding the button:
When you keep holding the button and write something, every time you lift off the pen, the tool toggles between the two tools. See this video.

Leaving Annotate mode:
If I leave annotate mode and try writing again before moving the pen away, the first touch does nothing. See this video.

This can be hard to explain, so if the videos aren't clear, let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Problems with Annotations with Galaxy S-Pen - by MartinH - 03-08-2023, 08:22 AM