• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Titles
Latest version no longer displays the song title at the top of the page.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Graeme,

Can you take a screenshot for me? The title shows up fine on all of my tablets. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-07-2013, 01:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Can you take a screenshot for me?

Here you go. Two screenshots. One shows that the 'Show Titles Option is selected and the other a screen that is not showing the titles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Graeme

Some of my music here
Hi Mike

A little more info for you.

If I start MS with the performance mode on, then I see the titles. If I then turn it off, the titles vanish. When I turn it on again, they do not re-appear!

The reverse is also true. If I start MS with the performance mode off, I see the titles. If I turn it on, they vanish - never to return until the next boot of MS.

So.. it looks as though the action of toggling the performance mode also affects the title display.

Happy hunting Smile
Graeme

Some of my music here
Graeme,

I'm confused about a number of things. First, that option you are discussing above is for audio track titles that show up in audio popup window (the dropdown menu). It has nothing to do with displaying song titles. Next, you showed me a loaded song with the overlay not displayed. You would have to bring up the overlay by tapping the center of the screen to show the title at the top. Are you unable to bring up the overlay?

As for performance mode, that just disables the overlay so that you are unable to bring it up. This is as designed. If you turn performance mode off, you can bring up the overlay again to show the title.

Mike
Hi Mike

Quote:'Zuberman' pid='3155' dateline='1383880069']I'm confused about a number of things. First, that option you are discussing above is for audio track titles that show up in audio popup window (the dropdown
menu). It has nothing to do with displaying song titles.

Maybe the confusion is mine Smile .

I'm working from memory here, as I don't have the tablet with me at the moment. In the display settings, I have the option to show the title bar at the top of the screen. I understood this to refer to the title of the track and nothing to do with audio (which I don't use - I only display of music charts of one sort and another). The option shown in the setup menu says nothing about audio, only whether or not the title bar is shown.

Quote:'Zuberman' pid='3155' dateline='1383880069']Are you unable to bring up the overlay?

Yes I can - no problems with the overlay. I can bring it up, as required (although I don't use it).

Quote:'Zuberman' pid='3155' dateline='1383880069']As for performance mode, that just disables the overlay so that you are unable to bring it up. This is as designed. If you turn performance mode off, you can bring up the overlay again to show the title.

That was my point. It's not how it works. I can start MS with the performance (overlay) mode, either enabled or not. Either way, the title bar will show. However, if I switch the overlay on or off (depending which mode it started in) the title bar then vanishes.

For me, it's no big deal, but I thought you should know.
Graeme

Some of my music here
You must be describing the "Always Show the Title Bar" option. When I enable this, it is true that it does not show up when performance mode is enabled. I will have to fix that. However, if I toggle performance mode off, then toggle the overlay back on/off, the title bar is shown again. Is this consistent with what you are seeing?

Thanks for letting me know about this,
Mike
(11-09-2013, 03:31 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You must be describing the "Always Show the Title Bar" option. When I enable this, it is true that it does not show up when performance mode is enabled. I will have to fix that. However, if I toggle performance mode off, then toggle the overlay back on/off, the title bar is shown again. Is this consistent with what you are seeing?

Sounds about right - I don't have the tablet with me at the moment, so I'll do a proper check when I get back.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Hi Mike

Yes, it's definitely to do with the Performance Mode. Here's the sequence I used;

Boot up | Performance Mode is off | Select Song | Chart displays with title | Back to song list | Turn Performance Mode on | Select song | Chart displays without title | Back to list | Turn Performance mode off | Select song | Chart displays without title | Tap to bring up annotations | Title appears

Much the sort of thing happens if I boot with the Performance Mode on. Basically, if you can't see the titles, you have to bring up the annotation screen - then they appear.

Hope this helps - I realise it's as clear as mud Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here
No, it makes perfect sense. It should be pretty easy to fix.

Thanks,
Mike