• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annotations misaligned after export
Hi everyone!

I thought I had reported this, but I can't seem to find it. So here goes :-) 

I made some annotations on a chart inside MS. See plum colored, and the "Repeat [A]" in black:

But after I Share > Export Files, the resulting PDF had the annotations misaligned:

.pdf   2.after export.pdf (Size: 1.48 MB / Downloads: 3)

I wonder if the export is not respecting the cropped boundaries specified within MS? 

Thanks in advance!
Okay, I went ahead and removed my crop settings inside MS and confirmed that now the annotations align correctly after export. Then I re-cropped and reproduced the original problem. Hope that helps!
I'm assuming you have enabled the "Export iOS compatible annotations" setting. With that setting off, the problem does not occur. I will get this issue fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
(05-22-2023, 07:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm assuming you have enabled the "Export iOS compatible annotations" setting. With that setting off, the problem does not occur. I will get this issue fixed for the next update.

Yes, I just reproduced this on 3.8.0 with the "Export iOS compatible annotations" box checked: the resulting exported PDF has the annotations misaligned. 

And you're right that when I uncheck that, things align properly. But then I get a different problem: the font for the annotation "Tag" changes (doesn't match what is displayed in MS). And the font also changes for "Repeat [A]", causing the "[A]" part to wrap and thereby not be visible. (If I grab the text box handle and resize it, I can see it again). Maybe this is a separate topic?? 

Thanks!
I'm not able to reproduce the issue with "Repeat[A]" wrapping.  I'll add a small margin/offset to the annotation width and we can see if that resolves it for you. I have also fixed the misaligned annotations issue when "Export iOS compatible annotations" is checked.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks all around. Let me know if I can help.
Just tested the original "annotations misaligned after export" issue on the cropped Favela PDF above using MS 3.8.3, and now the annotations are properly aligned! Thanks!
I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for reporting the issue.

Mike